SAWS mono's ready for I.M.P.B.A. FE-II Time Trials

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Ron

:unsure:

Q-Mono [current I.M.P.B.A. record holder at 66.391 mph]

Seaducer FE-33 "Miss Tupperware"

Neu 1515 1YS brushless motor

Castle Barracuda 125 control with [Fuller's cooling plates]

Jerry Crowther hardware

Octura M-644 prop

Hammerhead zapped and matched IB3800's

6 lbs 8 oz. RTR

S-Mono

Seaducer FE-38 "RINGER"

Neu 1521 1YF brushless motor

Schulze 40-160 [V-14] series control

Jerry Crowther hardware

Octura M-648 prop

9 lbs. 2 oz. RTR

T-Mono

Seaducer FE-42 "BAM BAM"

Neu 2215 1.5YF brushless motor

Schulze 40-160 [V-14] series control

Jerry Crowther hardware

ABC 2218 prop

12 lbs. 2 oz. RTR

to be run at Blue Lake, Valdosta, Ga [March 3, 4, and 5] at the I.M.P.B.A. FE-II [1/16th mile] Record Time Trials...

Ron

got any photo's of the boats...?

it would be interesting to see the seaducers in the electric version.

thanks

david

photos

i'll post a picture of the three boats [33", 38". and 42"] together for size comparison later today...

all three hulls are Fast Electric lay-up [carbon fiber/s-glass] Seaducers...

Ron

Goodluck in Valdosta!

photos

i'll post a picture of the three boats [33", 38". and 42"] together for size comparison later today...

all three hulls are Fast Electric lay-up [carbon fiber/s-glass] Seaducers...

Ron

Goodluck in Valdosta!

:unsure: Thanks Steve,

i'm nervous as a preacher in a cat house that the S & T boats will perform as well as my Q boat has in Valdosta...

"Miss Tupperware" is a hard act to follow!

Ron

You guys have a great time.

Watch out for Buaas. I hear in addition to a few boats, he's bringing a semi-truck full of fire extinguishers hoping to keep his setups from burning down the state of GA.

I think fried Raptor is a delicacy in some third world countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys have a great time.

Watch out for Buaas. I hear in addition to a few boats, he's bringing a semi-truck full of fire extinguishers hoping to keep his setups from burning down the state of GA.

I think fried Raptor is a delicacy in some third world countries.
Yup, the flavor falls somewhere between bald eagle and spotted owl. :eek:

The only fire extinguisher I ususally need gets to sit next to the sacrificial box of batteries and ESCs. :blink:

You guys heard the story about the Q mono poptop at LA right?

Brian

Tried to post this from work, but didn't have the correct file format. Now you can see Ron's triple S's.

For those of you who don't know electric, they are 18, 24 and 32 cell boats.

Ray

OK, it's not a long story.

I put the Q mono in for what would be its final run of the meet. First pass was good and above the record, so turn around and make the backup. The return pass wasn't as pretty but still go the record at 59.xx.

Here's the funny part. I'm on the way back in and it just stops, not 10 feet from shore <_< . Most of the guys are looking at the boat as the pressure inside builds up to the point that the hatch blows open and flips forward on the last piece of tape :eek: . I'm sure you can hear the laughter from the entire crowd at that point. Meanwhile the ESC is doing its best fajita impresion, sitting there sizzling in its own juice and giving off the all too familiar aroma :blink: .

The description isn't as funny as being there, but you get the idea. The best part was it happened right there so everyone could watch the burn down.

Brian

Good luck guys.

Don't pit next to Brian....he might eat you for lunch!

I bet the pizzas not as good as AZ's!

we aim to please!

we're set'n up our left coasters, Brian, Ray, and Wilmer with a private 20'x 20' Harpster Canopy, nine tables, three chairs, two 30 amp 110v service lines, a CD player with Bose speakers and the box selection... Best of the Almond Bros.

southern hospitality at it's finest or [payola] eighter way we figure they'll have to leave us east coasters a couple records!

Capt'n Ron B)

Brian,

The dots were because I couldn't post a pic from work. But they worked great for gettin you to tell the story!

All the best,

Ray

See ya Friday!

Ahh yes. I love the smell of burning phenolic and FETs in the morning :blink:

Ahh yes. I love the smell of burning phenolic and FETs in the morning :blink:
Take a whiff, Jim.

My tape stayed on. Funny thing about this one is I had trouble getting at the boat to extinguish the fire because about 6 guys grabbed cameras and surrounded the table.

EL%20Lobo%20burn.jpg

Lovely :D I'll bet we'll see a few of those this weekend in Valdosta. At FE #1 I was able to literally grenade a 12-cell rigger. Should be quite a show this time. I anticipate that many of my current IMPBA records will fall, as the technology in hulls, motors, and cells continues to improve dramatically. We'll be able to relax with a little oval racing in the Hooter's Cup on Sunday night.

Jim,

You own waaaaay too many hulls as it is. For good charma this year sacrifice one or 2 to tht pond gods.

Nice flame job Jay....brushed too!

Jay...was it because of the RC Hydros Controller? Looks like it. I have one of those brand new with the stand up fets (air cooled) if anyone wants it...not for free, of course, but a good deal.

Electric=Fire!

Nitro=Kaboom!

Gas=ahh, nothin special. :lol:

Just havin fun fellas.

Larry

Back