Saginaw Bay Classic - Sunday, Sept 27th 2015

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SST = Super Sexy Twin????
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you to the Saginaw crew for putting on a great race. glad we weren't digging ourselves out of the mud this year
default_smile.png

Great job Saginaw club! Charles, Dean and the gang put on a fun and well run race as usual, got us out by 3:30 or so. Congratulations to Rob Betke on his Scale high points championship, and Andrew Capaldi, our District 2 Scale " Rookie of the Year".

Got to spend time with the boat buddies and also got some laps in on the new scale. Teddy didn't kill anybody with his twin, and got a steak dinner with friends on the way home.... a good day.

Thank you to the Saginaw Club for another great event.

Also, Thank to Kevin Sheren for all the work he does organizing the A Hydro point series. Top notch is an understatement. On top of it all you and your wife fed all of us. Fantastic!

Chris and Andrew Capaldi

I too had a great time on Sunday! Thanks to the Saginaw Club for putting on a fine event!

Thanks

Mike Ball

Saginaw Club,

Great way the Race Season. I had a great time!!!

Now time to plan my off season projects.

Bert Dygert

IMPBA members are the Best

Reasons:

Kevin & Shannon Sheren brought hotdogs and all the condiments for the race and then donated back to the club. Donated 4 gallons of Redmax for the raffle box

Mike Ball won the 50/50 raffle of $72, kept $20 for dinner and donated the rest back to the club. thank you mike

Mark Sholund donated prop certificates for free props for the winners of 1st place winners of A & B Hydro class.

Joe Wiebelhaus helped offered his knowledge several times with the scale scoring and corner judging. Its tougher than it looks with the rules 1/8 scale has.

Garl Clement shortened his scale boat about 3 inches into the north bank of the pond. Never stopped smiling and helped me twice with pitman duties - Great job

John Benadvides from Chicago, thank you for coming. Nice Job squeezing out the first place in gas rigger over a tough twin of Teddy Dudley.

Dave Murany for taking my challenge of taking a lap around the island with your B-Hydro, thanks for bring the 80 rigger to complete my class requirement

Andrew Capaldi for rookie of the year, Great job in scale.

Results:

A Hydro

1st Chris Capaldi

2nd Mark Sholund

3rd Kevin Sheren

B Hydro

1st Mike Ball

2nd Andrew Capaldi

3rd Bert Dygert

D Hydro

1st Blair Warren

2nd John Beardslee

3rd Dave Murany

Open Nitro Rigger

1st Blair Warren

2nd Dave Murany

3rd Ralph Barthel

1/8 Scale

1st Bert Dygert

2nd Rob Betke

3rd Jim Zaremski

Sport 40

1st Chris Capaldi

2nd Jim Zaremski

3rd rob Betke

Sport 20

1st Rich Beaudoin

2nd Charles Dukes

3rd Bert Dygert

Open Mono

1st Austin Notter

2nd Dean Notter

3rd Ted Billy JR.

Gas Sport Hydro

1st Ted Billy Jr.

2nd Brian Hickey

3rd Mike Podojak

Open Cat

1st Brian Hickey

2nd Pete Dukes

3rd Ted Billy Jr.

Thunderboat

1st Austin Notter

2nd Teddy Dudley

3rd Jim Zaremski

Open Gas Rigger

1st John Benavides

2nd Teddy Dudley

3rd Ted Billy Jr.

Congrats to my son Austin for a 1st in Open Mono & Thunderboat, I still cant catch him in Mono.

Dean

Last edited by a moderator:
To the Saginaw club for putting on a very well run event once again.

Mike Ball for winning the 50/50 raffle and giving most of it back to the host club.

Andrew for the rookie of the year, nice job.

Rob for winning Scale championship this year. Nice new truck by the way.

Kevin and Shannon Sheren for preparing lunch for all of us. And for doing

such A GREAT JOB once again with our 12-Hydro series. We did discuss a

Possible 21-Hydro series for next year in our district # 2. I would like to here more

feedback on this one if possible within our district? I am thinking about heading up

the series and I would like to here what our dozen or so 21-Hydro pilots are thinking?

Wondering if a small donation to help with gifts would be good or not? Lots to think

about.

Thanks Again Everyone In Our District For Your Support All Year,

Mark Sholund

I must say, John Benavidas , has raced more than anyone this year. Glad to see him get a win.

The day before Saginaw, I had breakfast with John at at Joey's Diner in St. Anne before the Pumpkin Regatta in D4 at 5am. Raced all day and then drove 6 or so hrs to Saginaw. That is a boat racer!!

From Oshkosh, Mendota, Somers, Chicago, Hobart to Saginaw to parts unknown, John was there! Great racing with him.

Duke,

I agree John Benavidas is THE MAN. He sure helped me out this past weekend

with some critical JAE-21 booms and one left sponson. He would not even take

anything for the help. I need his address please so I can return the favor to him.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Back