SAGINAW BAY CLASSIC - MAY 21st, 2017

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The race will be held on the other side of the lake this year so we do not have any problems with people getting stuck. There will be signs on how to get over there. See everyone tomorrow
Dean called Rob and asked him to post on behalf of the club. Sounds like they are out there working hard to get everything together for tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

We will be racing from the SOUTH side of the pond tomorrow, so please enter the SOUTH Gate, rather than the main entrance. The South Gate is on the same road (Gleaner), but about 0.25 mile south of the Main Entrance Gate.

I had a fun day at the "Classic". It was good to see everyone again.

I don't know how Deano and Charles held off the rain, it must of been Racing Ralph's "NO RAIN DANCE" with the brown socks on that did it.

Lot's of hard work by the Saginaw club to set up on the opposite side of the pond so it wasn't muddy. Once again, Great Job!

To All Saginaw Boat Club Members,

Another great "Classic" with really good racing and a nice hot dog or two for lunch.

A good start to a competitive season of racing here in District # 2. Great Sport 40

and 1/8th Scale racing already, and it was just the start of a seven race season.

See you all hopefully in Burton, Michigan in a few weeks?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Race Summary:

On behalf of the Saginaw Bay RC Boat Club, thank you for attending the 2017 Classic. Mother nature challenged, but failed against Racing Ralph and his brown socks(tom Kelly). We believe the race site worked well, nobody got stuck and the new clock worked flawless. We hope to see all agian next year.

1/8 th Scale

Rob Betke - 1200 (Finale Winner)

Joe Wiebelhaus - 900

Garl Clement - 475

Bert Dygert - 450 (3rd in Finale)

Teddy Dudley - 425

Andrew Capaldi - 350 (2nd in Finale)

Mike Flynn - 225

Mark Owens - 219

Jim Zaremski - 75

Mike Betke - 25

Sport 40

Chris Capaldi - 900

Joe Wiebelhaus - 825

Bert Dygert - 825

Sport 20
Rich Beaudoin - 925

Bert Dygert - 800

Charles Dukes - 300

B Mono

Pete Dukes - 1100

Rich Beaudoin - 619

Charles Dukes - 600

B Hydro

Rob Betke - 1200

Andrew Capaldi - 1000

Mark Sholund - 475

D Hydro

Rob Betke - 1100

John Beardslee -525

Doug Murany - 25

Open Nitro Rigger

Dave Murany - 1200

Blair Warren - 625

A Hydro

Chris Capaldi - 1200

Doug Murany- 250

Thunderboat
Teddy Dudley - 1100

Jim Zaremski - 869 (Coin Flip Winner)

Tom Kelly - 869

LSG Cat

Ted Billy Jr. - 1025

Dean Notter - 600

Larry Tankiewicz - 525

LSG Mono

Austin Notter - 1000

Ted Billy - 625

Ted Billy Jr. - 250

LSG sport Hydro

Ted Billy Jr. - 1100

Mike Flynn - 700

Teddy Dudley - 75

LSG Rigger

Ted Billy Jr. - 1200

Ted Billy Sr. - 425

Paul Mousseau - 300

Thumbs up on using the south side of the pond
default_smile.png
I know I mentioned it on Sunday, but the little bit tighter parking was more than made up for by the lack of mud, and I think racing from that side is an easier to navigate course.

Back