Rocket City Racing / Brian Watts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,Just to add to this......I placed a order from there on Monday afternoon and I received all my parts on Friday via Fedex. I have no complaints and very fast shipping.

Looks like they will get some of my business again

Mike :p

Mike, I am glad that your transaction went O.K.......Here we are at the start of yet another week and still not a word from Brian on my end. I have made posts here, sent private emails via his website, and made about twenty phone calls, all to no avail. Once again it is very interesting that someone else can easily contact Brian and place orders but I cannot reach him at all. Mike, I will go out on a limb here and guess you did not make the silly mistake of sending cash in advance for your order like I did.

Eric Canto

Eric,

Actually I placed my order thru the website,and I payed via Paypal. This was my first time ordering thru Rocket City,and in my opinion,I had no problems and fast shipping.

Like I said in my previous post,I will use Rocket city again for my parts unless proven otherwise. Im not sure what you ordered,but maybe its backordered???

Mike :p

Mike, I ordered a RTR AC sport .40. Brian received the boat from AC months ago and told me over three weeks ago that it was totally done and ready to ship to me. He said he just needed to find a box to ship it in. He lives 1.5 hours away from me and shipping is a one day deal. No backorder, just poor service and no communication.

Eric Canto

If you live 1.5 hours away, why don't you make a trip down to see him? Hell, I know I would.

Brian is a good guy, I have had many good dealings with him. I know things can pop up. I have custom built many boats and had a situation this last year where I had too much on my plate and had many things pop up that kept me from building a boat for a guy. He was really upset with me, but I refunded all his building fees, sent him back the boat and all the parts I ordered for it and lost about $75 after shipping etc. All expenses I would have lost anyway, but still would have made just about $75 if I had built it and kept the building fees.

I know that I won't half ass build a boat just to get it done. I would bet that Brian is very much the same way. He should however get back in touch with you....

Eric Canto said:
Mike, I ordered a RTR AC sport .40.  Brian received the boat from AC months ago and told me over three weeks ago that it was totally done and ready to ship to me.  He said he just needed to find a box to ship it in.  He lives 1.5 hours away from me and shipping is a one day deal.  No backorder, just poor service and no communication.
Eric Canto

88879[/snapback]

This is getting wierd. I met Brian a few years ago & while I've not purchased from him he seemed like an ok guy. He was on-line tonight for at least 15 minutes just before 9pm as his "rocketcity" id showed in the on-line users box. I was rather surprised not to see any type of response........... :unsure:

Don Ferrette said:
This is getting wierd. I met Brian a few years ago & while I've not purchased from him he seemed like an ok guy. He was on-line tonight for at least 15 minutes just before 9pm as his "rocketcity" id showed in the on-line users box.  I was rather surprised not to see any type of response...........  :unsure:
89007[/snapback]

Don I think that there is allways to sides of the story!!!

Nigtmare said:
Don Ferrette said:
This is getting wierd. I met Brian a few years ago & while I've not purchased from him he seemed like an ok guy. He was on-line tonight for at least 15 minutes just before 9pm as his "rocketcity" id showed in the on-line users box.  I was rather surprised not to see any type of response...........  :unsure:
89007[/snapback]

89030[/snapback]

Agreed. But wouldn't you want to tell your side? I hope this gets a good ending. :unsure:

Don Ferrette said:
Nigtmare said:
Don Ferrette said:
89007[/snapback]

89030[/snapback]

Agreed. But wouldn't you want to tell your side? I hope this gets a good ending. :unsure:

89047[/snapback]

I like this!! PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID, OR EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID

................ BUT THEY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER EXACTLY HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL"

There are actually 3 sides to every story. In this case, #1 Eric's side, #2 Brian's side and #3 what really transpired..

I hope it all gets worked out..

Dude,

come on, an 1.5 hours away! I drive longer than that to get to my office in the morning. Jump in the car and go visit him. Hell, now you can get your shipping fee's back.

:blink: :unsure: :eek: Everybody look your bad news about Rocket City Racing Really awful Bussiness .. Thats RISK!!!!..

I would really like to hear Brians side to this all.

I mean nothing against Eric, But i think if it was NOT TRUE what Eric is saying then Brian would of been on saying his side.

I have never had a problem with my orders from brian, Sometimes things are backordered, 2-3 weeks i get the parts no problem.

Someone always had a bad situation with a vendor, But i go by my own exp and would probably order from him again, I dont think i will ever do a RTR boat tho.

Tom

Hello from Germany,

a lot of people here are puchasing items from Brian ( Rocket City Racing ) included me. I never heard, that anybody had a problem! We mostly use PayPal without any difficulties.

For me: Rocket City Racing is one of the best dealers in the US. I'm very astonished, reading this!

Curt

I'm sure Brian will resolve it one way or another, maybe he's just embarrased that he didn't deliver when promised and is trying to get the boat done and out to you.

Does Brian have a shop or does he work from home? I ask becasue the the hardware an props I order from him alway come so quick that I've always been really satisifed w/his service.

EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!! This is very OBVIOUS TOO SEE................... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mr. BRAIN WATTS is NOT GOING TO RESPOND TO THIS ON AN OPEN FORUM.

When there were issue with the Winter Nats He replied to those the same day!!!!

This has been TWO weeks since the orginal post. I am sure he is aware that this post is here and has MORE THAN LIKLEY READ IT.

Eric,I don't know the details of your arrangemanet. But as you can see Brain is not going to be drawn in to a mud match here. "There is more than one way to skin a Cat."

Chuck, too bad you don't know me. If you did, you would know that I would have absolutely no interest in a "mud match". I never intended to air any dirty laundry, I just wanted resolution to a problem. I do not know exactly what you meant with the "skinning a cat" comment, but, obviously I had tried many things other than this board.

On an entirely different and positive note, Brian drove the boat to my work today. We had a great conversation over lunch and the boat looks good. Brian took responibility and did not make excuses. He went the extra mile of hand delivering the boat and did offer a full refund if that is what I preferred. I look forward to running the boat and seeing Brian at the races.

Eric Canto

Brian is a good guy, there are a lot of bad guys in this hobby and he is not one of them. I have never heard of anyone getting ripped off from Brian. I have heard of slow service in the past but he is a one man show. Most times it is because something is back ordered or out of his control. I have found as soon as he has your order complete it is on it's way. No he doesn't hold your hand and update you every five minutes, he has better things to do. If you want online tracking then you probably better stick to ordering from places like Tower.

As soon as he has it he will send it out, that is just the way he works. If you can't handle it then don't order, but I'm sure you shopped around and found his prices are hard to beat! <_<

Im glad you and Brian worked it out. Seemed everyone has had good service from him in the past.

Back