RIP SCOTT NORRIS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really sad to hear this, Scott was a great person. This cancer crap is out of control in our society. The things we consume and our polluted environment are killing us at an alarming rate. Within the last three years both myself and my sister have been diagnosed with it, just last month my mother in law was diagnoised with Lukemia. I do not intend to distract from the condolence theme of this thread but this has become personal for me and many others. John Bonano of the ODMBA Club in VA is fighting adavnced cancer right now. And to add insult to injury, the meds that can only mediate Lukemia cost $8K a month! What a corporate rip off. RIP Scott. James beasley

Im so sorry to here the bad news. Scott was a real good friend of mine,and I will really miss him R.I.P.

What a shock to hear about Scotty. He raced boats years ago when my Dad was still around, gave it up for a while and then started racing again about 10 years ago. I think the last time I saw him was when he nailed the pickup boat in Charleston. Always fun to be around, would do anything for you if you needed help with anything. Takes a real man to get old and have to face some of the things that we can't control. Rest in peace, Scott. Your boating friends will always remember your smiling face at the races. Our condolances are with the family at this time.

Dick Tyndall

I remember Scott racing his mono against Fred Lumb Jr. at walterboro,Scott got out front of Fred by 1\4 lap. They had been racing side by side the whole time, Scott slowed down and let Fred catch up and they were back at it. Fred ended up winning. That was Scott he loved racing. Everytime him and Fred got together it was a race. It was something I looked forward to, we would drop everything and watch them race.

Scott loved his wife and daughters he will surely be missed.

Rick Glover

Here's his obit for those interested.

Andrew 'Scott' Norris, 56, died peacefully March 25, 2012 at his home after a

courageous battle with cancer.

Scott was born December 19, 1955, the son of Clifford and Mary Sue Norris and

was a native Charlottean. He attended East Mecklenburg High School and East

Carolina University. In addition to his parents, he is survived by his loving

wife of 33 years, Millie Leeper Norris and their two daughters, Amanda Carlisle

Norris of Charlotte and Alison Lee Norris of Greenville, NC. Also surviving are

his brother, Steve Norris of Morris Plains, NJ and his sister, Cindi Caddell,

her husband, Kevin and two nieces Hannah and Marley Caddell of Charlotte.

Scott was a gifted mechanic in the 'old school' tradition. Over 25 years he

established a successful auto repair business, Metric Wrenches, Inc., through

his sense of integrity and personal service. The family would like to express

their gratitude to Scott's customers who, over the years, became loyal friends.

Scott was a member of the International Model Power Boat Association. He was

skilled at building and racing model boats and well known throughout the

southeast for winning tournaments. Scott enjoyed fishing, jet-skiing, watching

sports and spending time with friends and family. He loved the Doobie Brothers

and was a charter member of their fan club. One of the most memorable events of

Scott's life was serving as a team member on a pit crew for the 24 Hours of

Daytona. Scott was a member of Avondale Presbyterian Church, where he was an

usher, coached the girl's basketball team and was always willing to volunteer

for workdays, barbecue fundraisers and other activities. Scott lived life to the

fullest and was a loyal friend to many who loved him for his sparkling blue

eyes, trademark ball cap, infectious laughter and his spirited, funny tales.

Please join us for a celebration of Scott's life at Avondale Presbyterian Church

on Wednesday, March 28th, at 11 AM with Dr. John Earl officiating. The family

will receive friends at the Avondale Family Life Center immediately following

the service. In lieu of flowers memorials should be directed to Avondale

Presbyterian Church for an established education fund for the girls.

TH Robertson Funeral Service, Lic. is serving the family. Condolences to

www.throbertson.com.

Published in Charlotte Observer on March 27, 2012

We will miss you Scott. condolences to his family.

He was our biggest suporter of Me TIme. After Scott had his fall accident he was sitting in the hospital room watching us race boats, he loved this sport. And ever since then when we had a broadcast a check or paypal would show up for a donation. Great guy and he will be missed.

Godspeed my friend.

Scott will be missed by many of us who knew him.

He used to call me and order propellers.

We always had great conversations.

A huge loss of another great RC boater.

We will keep his family in our prayers.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Not good news at all. A really good guy taken before his time. We all will miss Scott.

Mic

Scott was a rare breed. A truly honest guy, who would go the extra mile for anyone, just because it was the way it should be. Did me a huge favor years ago, and I have never forgotten. We have lost so much more than a boating buddy...

RIP Scott, condolences to his family.

~ James

scott was among the first folks i met when istarted racing boats. he was always there for any of us, & i loved pitting for him, as it was almost always a good race & a hoot to boot! i can still remember him trying to help me get my first .21 rigger going, he launched that boat like he was throwing the runner out at first :lol: . boat would hit the water & slow down.......he wouldn't let me give up, kept me trying 'til i got it going. thanx scoooter, i will miss you sorely.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have all been blessed by his presence over the years, and Scott always had a arm out to put around you or hand out to shake. My memories of him are fond, Scott was my pit boss for many years through my involvement with CMB, and thats what makes it feel like we have a family member missing. On behalf of the TBM and all the Brandon club members I give condolences to the entire Norris family. GODSPEED.

RP

Scooter was a good racer and a better friend. We became close when he returned back to racing. I will miss him greatly and his passing has hit a real nerve for me. Just to show how time can be short for any of us.

Back