Rigger design questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outboardman10

Hey guys,

I made a 45 rigger last summer and got 2 runs on it before many of my glue joints broke, so I have gone back too the drawing board and decided to do this one right.

I am designing another 45 rigger on my schools Inventor program and I have come up with 2 ideas to solve the few problems I had on my last model. I want to see if anyone else had tested these ideas of mine.

I 1st had a small problem getting the model to break free from the water and get up on plane, so i ma thinking about adding a very small, possibly 1/16th" deep step running along the bottom of the flat surface.

(I will post pictures later of the drawing for anyone who wants to see what i am tryingto run.)

2nd, I designed the hull to place the fuel tank behing the engine, and am thinking it might get a little flight happy once the tank starts to empty. Would adding a very small turn fin on the inside rear sponson with one small bend near the bottom keep the hull a little more stuck to the water?

I don't think that a longitudinal step will help free up the sponson. Flat planes with sharp lateral step breaks will work well. Search "rocker" and "sponson design".

Back