Remote Needle Adjustment Delay FYI

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClayGlover

This was brought up a few times a while back. I was surfing the Jett website and the info was on the faq page-

Question:

If I use a remote NVA, will I have a delay in engine response between the time I move the needle and when the engine changes RPM?

Answer:

This is the most common concern with remotes. The delay us negligible. This complaint has been around for years and comes from the most logical analysis. There can be several inches distance between the needle and intake, so why not? The answer (and the actual delay) is based upon the time it takes the needle to "talk" to the venturi. Just like the delay you hear in speaking or yelling (echo) over long distances, the amount of delay is determined by the speed of sound. In air that's 1000 Ft. (300 meters) per second. In fuel, it's more like 3000 F/sec. (900 M/s). So, if your tubing was one foot long your delay would be only .0003 seconds. In practice, it is slightly longer because your tubing is not completely rigid and "stores" up pressure somewhat, but it is still negligible.

Some other info there, like AAC vs ABC and stuff-

http://www.jettengineering.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back