Recovery Boat Racing Anyone ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Saw this over on SF and had to share-

Looks like a BLAST
default_cool.png
default_cool.png
default_cool.png

Ballast man can apply here- I'm driving
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Shawn and Rich used to race zodiac inflatables. Two man, one is cOg. Beach it, run up shore, some ring a bell,some just cross a line. Years ago lake Ariana in Auburndale, next to Lake Alfred.

Those look awesome!! Kinda reminds me of the little boats they used in the show at cypress gardens in the late 60's. I think they were called "flivvers"? About 10' long, flat bottom, round chines & nose. Fiberglass, single wall hull with 2 flotation chamber running lengthwise downn the inside. Completely open otherwise, driver sat on the bottom,wedgimg himself between the sides.ran 20 h.p. mercs, 2 of them going over a water ski jump side by side made a lasting impression on a 15 yr. old boy.

Molds are in winter haven. Think Mike Mullins has them, builder of Mirage mod v tunnel.

A fliver and a 25,oh my......

Yup.. 25ss works for me too.. bierbower.net/fliver is the tribute page to it. Grew up playing with one, old 20 standard merc.

Wish I had brothers old Hauptner wood boat, a lot like my Archercraft.

Heck a trick 15 would be enough to scare our old azz's
default_ohmy.png

Not that the Flivver wasnt cool-

I would prefer the Aluminum hull/30hp myself-

As I can see some rubbing going on
default_rolleyes.gif

But If its a Flivver-

I found my entry
default_blink.png

205pq4i.jpg

Of course Randy is ALREADY on the water
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

1gpzdy.jpg

Andy

Let go of the gunwale if you are going to pass somebody for petes sake.. lol.. Bump.. hey.. missing fingers here!

Grim

My brother barefooted for cypress gardens for a summer,that was part of the show. Man, were the seventies fun.that's lake summit, middle of Winter Haven.

Latest posts

Back