Record Trial, Flint MI, Oct 4-5th.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mike I got sick and My racing buddy is up there with two JAE electrics. No Cell phone connection. Ha going through withdrawal Dang next year in the spring I give it another go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went up there today and the water was actually really good. Wish I would have put a boat together!

Still a big pond to run at. Big water. Nice to see Steve Ball there. Traded old Race stories. Great time.

Thank you to the FAST team for a job well done! The drivers stand is great. Had a good time. See you in the spring!

I agree with Scott 100%! The FAST members continue to make improvements each event to make this experience very fun! Thanks for all of your hard work making this event a success!

Thanks,

Thanks to the FAST club members for all their hard work to make the Flint site what it is today. Had a great time this weekend and learned a lot thanks to the timing equipment. Just need to find a few more MPH.

Regards,

Bert Dygert

Another great event hosted by our FAST crew Mike Nowicki, Mark Stein and Mikey Ross, thanks guys, just couldn't do it without you. Mikey was a little under the weather and didn't make it out this time but I'm sure we'll see him in the Spring.

Mike and Mark's addition to the driver's stand made a huge difference not only for those driving the course but for SAW too, great work guys.

Mother nature tested us a bit, we got rain, wind and even ice pellets on Saturday but with the wind from the west (normal direction) the course was quite runnable both days. There were a couple of small windows where the 'ol girl laid flat and some fast passes were made.

The IMPBA has decided to award speed patches free of charge right at the events, so be sure to ask if you want a patch for a certain speed or oval time.

Amp heads Keith Kirchen, Joel Mertz, Shawn Swain and Mike Ball all had good running stuff. Joel had a 2.485 sec or 90.543 mph pass with his P Catamaran and Shawn made a 2.255 or 99.778 mph shot just missing his 100 mph patch with his Q Catamaran. Keith had some fast Cats as always and had a 2.126 sec or 105.832 mph Q pass backed up with a 2.132 to set the record at 2.129 or 105.683 mph. Keith also nursed his S Cat around the corners to set the 1/3rd oval at 28.064 sec., congratulations Keith, looks like you own those big Cat records!

Mike Ball had a nice running P Hydro and with some great driving set the 1/3rd oval at 19.143 sec. Mike also ran his Phil Thomas Q Sport Hydro to a record setting 23.144 sec oval on Sunday, congrats Mike! Pop Steve came up Sunday for a visit, great to see you again Steve.

Scott Tonak had a super running Whiplash with Quickdraw power and ran a best time of 21.873, just 2 sec. off the LSG 27 1/3rd oval record held by Troy Hammons.

Mark Stein's finally got his Mutt cornering like it's on rails but some mechanical problems kept him from any good times, I'm sure he's got a shot at the Sport 40 oval down the road. Mike Nowicki has his 20 hydro singing the high notes again and made several passes in the 90's despite the lumpy conditions.

Bert Dygert's 1/8th Circus Circus ran several very respectable 26's, best being a 26.148 sec. oval, nice running boat Bert.

The Murany's (Doug, Dave and Matt) came out to test and run in some motors, good so see you guys as always. Their friend Rick Donoghue had a good time also.

All in all another good weekend, remember the IMPBA Speed patches are up for grabs, see ya in the Spring!

DSCN3314_zps98bd256a.jpg

DSCN3316_zps4853de45.jpg

DSCN3318_zps0ce47d2f.jpg

DSCN3319_zps2c9f299e.jpg

DSCN3321_zps4f8a2dac.jpg

DSCN3322_zps61e33fe0.jpg

DSCN3327_zps51d25c87.jpg

DSCN3353_zpsbbb0073d.jpg

DSCN3332_zps115739eb.jpg

DSCN3334_zpsbb860986.jpg

Mike Ball had a nice running P Hydro and with some great driving set the 1/3rd oval at 19.143 sec. Mike also ran his Phil Thomas Q Sport Hydro to a record setting 23.144 sec oval on Sunday, congrats Mike! Pop Steve came up Sunday for a visit, great to see you again Steve.

DSCN3353_zpsbbb0073d.jpg

While setting some records are a very cool thing.... The picture above was a great surprise and the highlight of my weekend!!!! For a couple of non-photogenic mugs, that is a really great picture!

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, The trip was worth every minute on the road, and then some! You've made this old man proud on your accomplishments with your boats, but more importantly, what you've done with your life!

Dad

Jim, I really enjoyed your pictures, and reminiscing. Brought back some great memories! I hope to spend more time, next time we meet!

Steve Ball

I'm going to try and get to some of these Burton and Mini Gold Cup Races next season. Just didn't have a power plant early this year.

As we get older the memory's of what our son dose becomes more important to us ,

My father often would look at me and say > ANOTHER MEMORY <

with both of you being friends of mine and 1 a mentor I have to say >ANOTHER MEMORY <

Thank You

Rick D Reisinger

Back