Recent Nova .21DD testing results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends, In the last couple of weeks I have received quite a few testing results from different folks around the country on the .21DD. So far everything is just like Martin and I found during testing...awesome!

Most folks have just sent me a quick one liner that goes something like, "very fast, very easy to use". Exactly what we have seen since we got the new sleeves made.

Othe coments are a little more detailed, here is just one I have received from Marty Davis:

"The new DD is awesome and I love it. Took me a couple weeks to figure out what it wanted. It is now second staging half way down the SAW and turning more RPM's that ANY 21 engine that I have ever had. AND it is still stock. Right now I see no reason to modify it with the way it is running. It is the best .21 I have ever owned."

Kentley and I talked a couple of days ago, and I was very happy to hear how it was working out for him...during the initial stages of his break-in he got up to 83 in his heat racing boat, and then at the record trial they just completed he made a couple of easy passes, still very rich, with it in one of his old SAW boats with the fastest at 102 mph! Kentley's motor is still completely stock, he simply removed one head shim, and put one of Frank's carbs with the OS needle on it. I am anxious to see what he will do when it is broken-in and he leans on it!

Kentley also told me about the first couple of passes with his Nova .46...ran 112 with a heavy cackle on the first pass trying to build up some heat in the motor and then the boat hit a plastic bag in the water which caused enough damage to keep it in the trailer the rest of the weekend.

Overall, the .21DD is still impressing me more than any other motor I have ever run...great performance and zero breaks!

GQ

Great to hear Glenn, can't wait to see what it will do in the Raptor!!!

Nice meeting you at the Northwest scale race too!

Well Rob, I can give a little bit of a report on that.

You have seen how Brian's boat runs with the 5 port motor when I brought it to the Nationals. I got to drive Glenn's new Raptor with the DD motor in it this weekend and I can tell you it is a ROCKET!!! We have a few tweaks to make to the set up on the boat, but I can tell already that it is going to be an amazing combination. Hurry up and get yours done, you will like it.

That is good news. I must get one! I need to wait till after hunting season then I will get 1. B)

Well Rob, I can give a little bit of a report on that.

You have seen how Brian's boat runs with the 5 port motor when I brought it to the Nationals. I got to drive Glenn's new Raptor with the DD motor in it this weekend and I can tell you it is a ROCKET!!! We have a few tweaks to make to the set up on the boat, but I can tell already that it is going to be an amazing combination. Hurry up and get yours done, you will like it.
Thanks Kelly, when you guys get it dialed, let me know some particulars although I won't be able to run that perfect set up here at 2200 feet but at least I'll have an idea. I have the new long muffled pipe as well. Is the new pipe on Glenn's too?

cheers

Rob

Good hear from Glenn so I will run test with NR21 DD next spring 2014 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
He has a cowl, but we weren't heat racing. This was the boats maiden voyage and what a voyage it was.

Back