RC Racing Boat Building Services, Nitro or Gas, Wood or Composite!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonShaw

Vendor
Guys,

As I am working to expand and grow Novarossi Marine USA in additional directions, I am looking to add wooden boat kits, pre-built wooden boat kits, almost-ready-to-run boats, and boat rigging services. This would be for ANY wooden or composite manufacturer that would be willing to work with us. I already have spoken with someone that is very well known to all of you, as boat building/rigging is a path that he has thought about and would like to take on as well. He has been building full sized race boats for most of his adult life, and RC race boats over the last couple of years. Now that the Winter build season is upon us, we are trying to gauge feedback and see who would consider using these services, and at what level. I for one have never had a lot of time to build and have no desire to build, as adhesive and I do not get along very well. I am sure there are many others out there that at some level, could utilize these services. Wood boat building is his specialty, but the other services are invaluable as well.

There are several wooden and composite manufacturers that I think of right away that would be on this list we could provide services for, such as Seaducer Boats, Zippkits, Blazer Marine, Vans Racing, Roadrunner Boats, Firefighter Boats, CMDI, Insane Boats, AC Model Boats, Rampage Boats from CC Marine, Herzog Racing, Hi Tech, Stryker, Cajun Bullet, Aeromarine, and many more. This thread is for your thoughts and discussions. Thanks.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it really would depend on the cost of the service. To make this work you probably would need to have a good process set up to build a boat in a hurry.

One thing you didn't specify is who would be responsible for obtaining the kits, you or the person wanting the boat?

One thing you didn't specify is who would be responsible for obtaining the kits, you or the person wanting the boat?

Mark,

It could be offered either way. If someone has a kit, fiberglass hull, etc already, they could send directly for building and/or rigging.

Back