RC Memories

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lets see

SAY MIKEY.. B mod heat winners Internats 2002

Grim
Man I miss Tom Grannis!! Always enjoyed racing with Dick Tyndall as well!

2nd Pic you posted

Grim Racer himself, ??? (cant quite make out the face), Ernie Lafluer, Bob Kensil and Randall Thomas all great racers and friends!
Funny thing I just ran across a IMPBA membership list from 2005. Just looking through the names brings back some great memories from back in the day!

I have lots of stuff..

I like this one... right Ron jr.. lol

How about that.. Tom Grannis too.. super tough racer.

Ron Jr getting his 3rd US I with a 40 boat.

Grim
THAT is a sweet stash!
default_biggrin.png

Yep.. Ron had it GOING ON..

The other in the top 5 was.... Loy.. aha.. not Brian.. shoot.. cannot remember his first name.. Indiana boy.

Grim

FB_IMG_1468343597596.jpg

Here is one not so old but it brought back some good memories. Me, Steve Jackson, Ken Hildreth and Bob Kettle at the Detroit mini Gold cup. It was held in a ditch behind the grandstands on the same day as the big gold cup. Mike Hanson was kind enough to let me sit in the cocpit of the real boat. I dont think I ever finished a heat but BOY did I have fun. Best part and most ironic is that I got to crew for that same boat at the same race 25 years later when I crewed for the Websters (U-22)

Okay, so it's been a while since I posted this, but I had some time over Christmas to dig through a bunch of my dad's boat pictures and scan a few (over 70).

Let's see who can name the boats, events, and people on these!

1.jpg2.jpg11.jpg6.jpg12.jpg71.jpg70.jpg60.jpg38.jpg37.jpg27.jpg36.jpg52.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
**** that trailer pic brings back memories of last time I saw that old PSMBC trailer was out in the bushes at Mark Anderson house a couple of years back. The thing was rotten and the the top fell in. Still had some old stuff in it.

Might as well throw some old pics in the mix LOL.....
default_smile.png

You will see Karl Sturm, Tommy Lee, John Otto, Ron/Mike Talley, Dick Tyndall, Lee Smith, a much younger version of me, and others.

7BE84C07-912F-4316-B59E-E6448CC62B2D.jpeg

7C6B84D1-39BA-4DA1-BA86-5850F16DF4D8.jpeg

523D0A60-555E-4A3E-B57C-722148C1266A.jpeg

Picture of me, 1970 at my apartment in Huntington Beach.

an SK-20 with KB torpedo 15 rr

and the deepvee I built molds for, I was trying to model the Donzi 18'

Ran great, not very fast. Veco 61 side exhaust.

no pipes in use then, just spew the exhaust right into the hull.

Start was done in the water with a leather cord.

003.JPG

Going to guess 1977 Mike.

Oh my...the little lightning mono (might not be exactly what it was called)...David Preusse won at least one US-1 with those.

Back