Radio Mounting

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_fons

Supporting Member
Hello fellow boats, I have been running a Speedmaster 21 for many a years with the radio box held in the hull with rubber bands.
I have A new I think second gen. Speedmaster 21 that I am getting ready for the upcoming year.

I'm asking any mono boat runners if you can provide me with pictures/ideas for a different way of mounting the radio box other than elastic bands.

Many Thanks in advance
Fons

Hello fellow boats, I have been running a Speedmaster 21 for many a years with the radio box held in the hull with rubber bands.
I have A new I think second gen. Speedmaster 21 that I am getting ready for the upcoming year.

I'm asking any mono boat runners if you can provide me with pictures/ideas for a different way of mounting the radio box other than elastic bands.

Many Thanks in advance
Fons
No pictures for you.
But I have glued a piece of hardwood with T-nuts installed to the outside of the engine rails and a small thin piece of angle aluminum to the radio box drilled aluminum? & screwed through it into the T-nuts.
Won't move at all

No pictures for you.
But I have glued a piece of hardwood with T-nuts installed to the outside of the engine rails and a small thin piece of angle aluminum to the radio box drilled aluminum? & screwed through it into the T-nuts.
Won't move at all
I have done it that way before. My latest setup in my gas mono has some ALU 3/8 square stock that runs between the rails at the front and back of the radio box. Then use the angle on front/back of box to attach to this with some tapped screws into the 3/8. Much easier to get to the screws for remove. The pool noddle seems to be in the way when it is on the sides. I will get a pic later today Fons. Heading to work soon.

I have to remove my radio box regularly when I travel to races. The push rod stick out to far to fit in my golf bag to travel. I just turn it around and throw a screw back in. Works great.
Mike

I found this pic.. I place a short frame around the bottom and using hooks and bungee.. done.

My radio box comes out of the boat each day for boat cleaning.

Grim

Attachments

• 20220401_195507 (Medium) (Medium).jpg
    20220401_195507 (Medium) (Medium).jpg
    134 KB · Views: 0
Back