question?????????????????????????????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camaroboy383

why on the sv-27 is the leading edge of the rudder in front of the prop like an inch and change??????????? isnt the leading edge supposed to be behind the prop?????? every mono ive seen from small to large have the rudder behind the prop..... i noticed the prop unloads when the rudder is turned right,,, seems like its taking water/pressure from the prop.... 3 sv's ive seen all do it....

i made a aluminum block 3/4" x 1" and put it inbetween the rudder and the transom,,, all i had to do is turn the servo around and adjust the rod out a little and it went right back together.....have to see what happens......

just a question that ive been going over in my head since i first saw one of these 27's

alden

Part of it I can answer. Props will unload when making turns, it's nothing new. If you've ever heard of people offsetting the prop to the right, that serves two purposes. First it compensates for torque and secondly it helps to plant the prop in right turns.

Yes the rudder is blowing a hole in the water when turned, allowing the prop to grab lots of air.

The Proboat .18 Elam hydro has the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
what prop are you using?

I set up a miss vegas for a friend and it did the same thing until we got that plastic prop off and replaced it with a Grimracer prop and no more problems.

Just a thought,

Doug

what prop are you using?
I set up a miss vegas for a friend and it did the same thing until we got that plastic prop off and replaced it with a Grimracer prop and no more problems.

Just a thought,

Doug

well it does that with any prop i throw at it,,,,,stock,437/3, 437,438,440/3,440,637,,,, and it will do it at any rpm,,,,,say if your running at half throttle,,,OFF of the pipe,,, if you turn right it will jump up on the pipe.... you can just listen to the rpm go nuts...

thanks andy for the confirmation on my assumption....

ron,,, im confused about your statement....so basicaly your saying the prop is walking to the surface of the water when turned right correct???????????? just trying to figure out what you wrote.....

i have yet to try the extension,,,but maybe tonight i will and ill post back...

thanks guy's

alden

well the extension did help the cavitation to an extent,,, which i liked but,,,,,, the handling went out the window,,, the leverage of the rudder out further made it run super wet even with no weight in it... tried some weight at the transom but it just handles bad every where,,,, in corners and straights.... goin back to stock for now.... guess im gonna have to turn left...lol....

alden

well kick start mike(grim) on the wildthing glass mono, do a hull transplant and have a nice upgrade that will run out a ton better than the SV hull will

OR build one from plans, great little scratch build to tackle and wouldnt take very long to build, bet it can be built under 50$ ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wild Thing is what the Super-Vee 27 should have been! A wider hull with a deeper Vee is the ticket. They could have easily disguised it with a canopy and a little shape-shifting here and there.

Come on sombody if not Aquacraft, we need a LEGAL "A" mono hull! It seems to be our little secret as to how fast and fun these boats are.

well ron this is the only video of a .18 wildthing that i know of dont think anyone ever got any video of mine running when i had it :( ---hardware choice is as easy as a swap from a vegas or super V mine needed trim tabs crashes didnt if i remember correctly-- shoot buy a rudder and do the strut the cheap and easy way---poke the tube out the back works great! radio box builds right into the hull on the scratch built one.

video

OS.18 running on 30%heli fuel. Boat is based on John's design but I shortened it up and changed up the deck a bit. It is 24in.long 2lb9oz it is running fullers fast electric hardware. Prop is an octura x442

I also attached the plans if anyone wants to give it a try plans are 26" hull up or down size as needed

26mono.pdf

Attachments

• 26mono.pdf
    191.2 KB · Views: 31
Ron,

your right.. if i would have not come into the SV project so late the hull would indeed be different. All in all the SV is still a lot of fun to drive. I like my Nitro one a little better then my FE one.

The WT is a great handling boat and I still have my wood one. Its on its second motor. The molds are tucked away and ready to pull boats. I have to build one for Mark from MI for a record trials soon so looks like I might be yanking one out. I have a few boats that I need to finish this winter. Scale, Snort 40 and a plane or two for Efest but maybe I can pull a few WTs for the guys that want them.

Grim

grim,,,please keep me posted on the wild thing hull.... wouldnt mind swapping out some sv hardware and power plant....if you do,,, what would the cost be per hull,,, might want more than one ;)

alden

Back