Question 4 the scale gurus

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shann harrison

Supporting Member
Okay question that was brought up to me and I've been searching for answers I cannot seem to find.Seems like a gray area in the IMPBA.Okay scenario is say me for an example only.I will be registering Three scales 1st is the 1977 Anheuser-busch Natural light boat U-13 2nd scale will be 1994 Miss Exide U-9.3rd will be the 1995 T-PLus U-2.Now here it goes All are registered I have 1200 pionts for the main boat,But then it losses control smashes into the bank.I have the second boat ready for next race.Now does the 1200 pionts that I have from the U-13 go towards myself or the 2nd registered boat.Or am I S.O.L on these pionts for the 1st hull that will not race for the rest of the season??????????????????????Shann

Okay question that was brought up to me and I've been searching for answers I cannot seem to find.Seems like a gray area in the IMPBA.Okay scenario is say me for an example only.I will be registering Three scales 1st is the 1977 Anheuser-busch Natural light boat U-13 2nd scale will be 1994 Miss Exide U-9.3rd will be the 1995 T-PLus U-2.Now here it goes All are registered I have 1200 pionts for the main boat,But then it losses control smashes into the bank.I have the second boat ready for next race.Now does the 1200 pionts that I have from the U-13 go towards myself or the 2nd registered boat.Or am I S.O.L on these pionts for the 1st hull that will not race for the rest of the season??????????????????????Shann
Depends on how your district is doing your points system. In D12 each race is it's own points entity. Say you ran your T-Plus at first race & got 1st overall, that's 400. Second race you ran your Exide & finished 2nd, that's 300 points. Third race you ran your Natural Light & got 1st, that's 400 points & a season total after 3 races of 1100 points. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on how your district is doing your points system. In D12 each race is it's own points entity. Say you ran your T-Plus at first race & got 1st overall, that's 400. Second race you ran your Exide & finished 2nd, that's 300 points. Third race you ran you Natural Light & got 1st, that's 400 points & a season total after 3 races of 1100 points. :)
Okay,lets try it this way.Say the 77 U-13 is the primary boat.The others are just sidelined.samething the main hull that has raced for say 3 months the hull that you have planned to race the full season not running the other 2 even though they are registered.Now you would think that from one district to another there should be no difference in this class.Which there should not be for the reason this is a specialized class.Does the pionts awarded from races go towards the Driver or ????? Are they applied to the backup boat.This saying your plan is going for district high pionts.How does it effect this scenario.

Since you are in Canada I believe you race in Dist 16 NAMBA or Dist 2 IMPBA. If so contact your district director for clarification. His info is below.

Mike

Dist 16 Keith Warham [email protected] 403-253-9031

Dist 2 Kevin Sheren [email protected] 517-321-6230

Since you are in Canada I believe you race in Dist 16 NAMBA or Dist 2 IMPBA. If so contact your district director for clarification. His info is below.Mike

Thanxs Mike,I'll have to contact Kevin on this since the rules have nothing and this was brought up to me by Mike Hallam.Which I've been racking my brain and the IMPBA with no real answers.Seems nobody really knows.

Shann

It all depends. Each dist is different. Even in the dists there are specialized clubs that don't even race at the dist. level. So your points in those clubs are only good for that club. Your going to need to be a little more specific on what dist. Your best bet is to call the dist. director.

Mike

Shann It all depends. Each dist is different. Even in the dists there are specialized clubs that don't even race at the dist. level. So your points in those clubs are only good for that club. Your going to need to be a little more specific on what dist. Your best bet is to call the dist. director.

Mike
Yeah I kinda see that now.I race in Dist 2,I spoke to Mike and he did the run down its solved. Thanxs Shann

Not that everyone does it the same way but here is how we do it in RCU.

#1 we use the scoring system that the unlimiteds adopted in the early 70's, that is you get points towards the season title as they are scored in each heat. For example if you get 1,200 points in the first race, then that goes to your season total. In the older days of the unlimiteds, say the early 60's and before they used to award season points as was mentioned above, heat points don't matter, points only awarded by overall race finish. i.e. 400 for 1st, 300 for second, 225 for third on down with each succeeding position getting 75% of the points of the position ahead.

As for changing boats, in RCU, you name one points boat each race, if you race more than one, before the race starts. We keep separate driver and boat point standings and championships. So you can win the driver championship, but not necessarily the boat championship if you drive more than one boat, or vice versa. If you run two boats in the same race both boats get points for the boat standings, but you only get one of their points for the driver standings. So even if you drive a different boat every week, they still all count toward the championship, the limitation being only one boat's point at each race.

Not sure if that is clear, let me know if you have questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shannon,

Can only talk of what we did for the last 25 years in District 2, the points go to the driver, no matter how many different boats you run.

Past IMPBA District 2 Scale Director

Shannon,Can only talk of what we did for the last 25 years in District 2, the points go to the driver, no matter how many different boats you run.

In d-14 they go to the boat,two boats two different sets of points

Shannon,Can only talk of what we did for the last 25 years in District 2, the points go to the driver, no matter how many different boats you run.

I hope it stays the same as before! I lost a boat 2/3 through the season last year. If I hade to start over in the points with a new boat, I would just stay home.

Tom Kelly

I hope it stays the same as before! I lost a boat 2/3 through the season last year. If I hade to start over in the points with a new boat, I would just stay home.

Tom Kelly
yup i agree

Tom Kelly
yup i agree
OK So dist 14 is using drivers points, allowing different boats to be used in all the points races?

Drivers get the points, not the boats is the best way. Of course all boats have to be registered in the district too I would think.

Tom Kelly
Tom,I was informed it will be the same thank god.cause I would feel the sameway you mentioned.shann

Each boat must be registered. THE POINTS STAY WITH THE DRIVER>.

Kevin Sheren

D2 Director

Please watch our web site for the rules pertaining to all series races in D2. The D2 directors will be meeting soon.

Web address http://www.impba2.com/

Since you are in Canada I believe you race in Dist 16 NAMBA or Dist 2 IMPBA. If so contact your district director for clarification. His info is below.Mike

IMPBA District 2 Scale Director is Robin Hallam check with her and she should be able to get you an answer.

1/8 Scale Director

Robin Hallam

Assitant Director - Mike Hallam

London Ontario

519-471-9061

[email protected]

Bill Zuber

IMPBA President

District 2 Scale Racers - The rule will NOT be changing. As in the past, the points will stay with the driver. You may race different boats throughout the season, you just need to register each one.

Robin Hallam

D2 Scale Director

District 2 Scale Racers - The rule will NOT be changing. As in the past, the points will stay with the driver. You may race different boats throughout the season, you just need to register each one.
Robin Hallam

D2 Scale Director
Robin , I need to register my scale boat with you in distric 2. Doug Shepherd

Back