Proteus Tunnel hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David Moyle has pretty long forks on his boats and the work GREAT...he also runs no stumble blocks!!

Carl, when you talk about fork length casing issue, are you referring to how the water comes up over the center section easier?
Kris,

FORKS

I am talking about balance. The primary purpose of the forks is to release some air from the front of the boat so that you are not building an old style HotShot.(sorry Jerry) BUT, If you go too far with this and allow too much air to escape from the front of the boat, you loose the aerodynamic balance needed to keep the boat sitting properly across the cushion of air trapped between the sponsons.

I am always looking for performance balance. On my boats, I always prefer the ASP's. They are my choice for solving the issues with my tunnel hull designs.

-Carl

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the hull here, had a Rossi, KB & Mac 3.5 mounted on it, I've used a micro futaba servo for the throttle linkage and a futaba low profile servo for steering linkage due to the low profile radio box. It did not run due to the air escaping and not being trap under the tunnel hull. It stick to the water and killed the motor each time its in the water, its was struggling to keep afloat. I did all I could until a fellow boater suggested cutting the hull shortern the hull and mounting a 7.5 on it. I did'nt took his advice instead I did a wind tunnel test on my own, ( home made wind tunnel ) and discover there was hardly any air trap under the tunnel and comparing it with a 3.5 Muas tunnel. I hope this information help you, I myself did post for information on this hull couple of years back but did not get any information that was helpful. I still have the hull with me.

Back