Propshaft Needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael defrain

Aquacraft built the bearing into the propshaft .1565" rides in a 1/8" stuff tube then drops down to 3mm with threads for a small prop. The prop shaft is only 2.5" with the .123"Flex cable attached the assy is 12 inch,total. I,have doubled the output power of the boat "from 1800kv to 3500kv and want to run a 3/16 prop. The simple fix of installing 5/32 into a 3/16 tube fails here due to the 3mm threads,the fit is loose,and if you try to tighten a dog, it bend things just go Bad!. I Want it done right,I know I Shouldn't have done the pwr upgrade in this paticular boat but is done. I want a shaft that goes from the bearing size then up to 3/16 and a little longer like 1/4"so theres room for the drive dog. I cant find one.what would be perfect would be an adapter that screwed onto the prop threads of the orignal. I would even pay to have somthing maid can't find a shaft online.

really sounds like you need to upgrade the driveline to accept a standard 3/16 stubshaft and .150 cable, if im reading correctly your trying to rig up something that has a weak point---the shaft size--- I dont know a ton about electric but I do know to much power on to small diameter cable and thats where your heading---

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the aquaraft wildcat with the old Motor,it now has a Traxxas velineon water cooled ten turn 3500kv with vxl-3 ESC. I know I should upgrade the driveline to accept a standard 3/16 stubshaft, maybe next year if this works. I just want to put it in the water and make it go,Ï expect to cut through the stuff tube eventually lol seen one on u-tube with this setup. They commented the prop needed an up grade,if I tear the drive train out of it then I'll fix it. What I need now is an adapter or prop shaft that will drop in, to have some fun. It just has to be balanced I'm turning 50,000 burst. Someone has somthing I'm sure this is not the first type of mod I just haven't found it yet. Either that or a prop with a 3mm bore, I'm going to try a octura y535 it's smaller but I'm hoping the pitch will make up for it. Thats the bigest 1/8 bore prop I could find this is the last problem I have with this setup still looking for help!! AquaCraft Hook me up I'll send ya the Video lol

Latest posts

Back