Props-4-U

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbhawker

Mark,

Thanks again for the great job on my prop order. Thank goodness for your service to our sport, I have won several races becuase of a Prop-4-U prop on the back of my boat.

Thanks again

Brad

Brad,

Thanks for the kind words,but it is getting difficult to keep up with the orders recently. I am

kicking around the idea of a three propeller maximum order. I would like some input if possible

on the subject. I know that I have 80 orders on the bench right now, and I need to somehow slow

the business down a little. I am open to all positive comments or solutions to my growing problem.

I can't find anyone locally that can help me out in the shop, so that is not a solution. I would like to

take this opportunity to thank all my customers for their patience recently,as my wife has been in the

hospital and it has slowed me down even more. She is recovering fine and she should be going back to

work in a few weeks.

I Really Appreciate The Business Fellas,

Mark Sholund

Mark, its good to hear that your wife is recovering well. Hope she doesnt have any more problems with her health.

I would love to be able to make suggestions for your business, but I think your a victim of your own success!!! :lol:

Take care, and thanks for offering your skills to all of us who need it.

Mark sounds like you have hit your stride with the business, use it to your advantage and bring in some new young guys to train in the fine art of prop work and you help yourself out and the hobby too. I hope the Mrs makes a full recovery and you get some rest. Racing season is around the corner so enjoy your busy time of year!!!

Come racing season, your propworking time is going to become more precious. Just let people know that if they want your props that there is a long list ahead of them so don't get rattled and start whining if they have to wait. If it starts to consume too much of your time, it starts taking the fun out of it.

Finding someone to help you out will be a challenge. I talked to someone about a month ago who lives up by you but he's probably not ready yet to help you out but I don't know him personally. There aren't too many other boaters that I know of up around Traverse City.

Hi Mark

Go to the high school and see if someone enterested in work after school.Good way to get started.

My .02 cents

Dave Roach

Hi Mark.

Been there ... done that ... bought the t-shirt.

The minimum prop order idea is a good one. Don't let the prop business take over your family life. Some things in life are more important than r/c props. It took me a few years to realize this and that's why I packed in my prop services. I guess we all learn from our mistakes.

Randy Rapedius

Randy,

It really just pays for my R&D for my boating projects. I have a pretty good balance in my life,

but I can see where this hobby will take a lot of your time if you want it too. This will be a great

thing in retirement, as it will definately occupy your free time. :D As far as the T-shirt thing goes

I do not understand that comment,but we will have some for sale soon.

Thanks For The Input Everyone,

Mark Sholund

Hey, not to change the subject or highjack the thread. But I'm quite curious as to what kind of service props need?

HEY Randy: Mark,

What are you using for prop balancer's.

I've used several types, over the years.

Looking for a new one . $ Is not a problem.

Any suggestions?

Dave

Like Randy said , props need maintenance , it is very easy to take certain cuts of props , even heat treated and bend them backwards and lose shape and pitch ! If you have a twin you should constantly check pitch and shape because these props will bend especially if you have rough water where props are loading and unloading . this is especially true with H - series props or mutated 1667 's that are thinned for performance . speed ain't cheap !!!!!

Back