prop selection JAE 21 w/nova 35 plus

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Octura 1450

ABC H7

ABC 1914

My boat currently runs the best with either an ABC 1914 45.5mm 4.0 cup or an ABC H7 at 45.5mm 3.74 cup.

These boats when setup correctly run very well! Keep a handle on it and you wont have more fun with any other boat! :)

Contact Either Andy Brown or Mark Sholand on this forum and get an H7. A great prop that will race well.

an octura 1450, full blade, maybe pitched up a little . good starting point for a .21 jae. don't reduce it unless you can't pull it, but be careful, the engine not "lighting up" may be from not enough pitch not loading the engine, not due to too much blade. these little jae's will pull an amazing amount of prop. my current best prop is a FULL blade 1450 (no trimming or cutting at all) 49.3 mm diameter, 3.75 cup. acts like it could take more.........

Last edited by a moderator:
my advise. if you want to do props.. get a selection.. i have opinons so does everyone else.. there is a good base line to start with

ops 3280 pipe.. full blade 1450

cooper pipe h-7 cut down 1450 or a cut down 1650. BUT. my best advise.. test.. what works for one don't always work for the other. and what i like may not be what you like

chris

Barry,

An H-7 @3.21" of cup with a short pipe length should get you to 70MPH with 66% Nitro fuel and

A 35+ Nova Rossi 21. I have them on order right now from ABC. They are difficult

To keep in stock for very long. Try to keep your boat weight under 4 pounds and it should work

very well for you. If you need more speed you need more propeller or more RPM from your engine.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

my advise. if you want to do props.. get a selection.. i have opinons so does everyone else.. there is a good base line to start with

ops 3280 pipe.. full blade 1450

cooper pipe h-7 cut down 1450 or a cut down 1650. BUT. my best advise.. test.. what works for one don't always work for the other. and what i like may not be what you like

chris
^^^ So true right here!

i agree with chris, any boat/engine/pie combo is an individual.....i still have an AB prepped 1650 to try.

Thanks for all the input everyone, I have a couple pipes I'll be trying and needed a couple of props to start with to find the right combination.

Barry,

An H-7 @3.21" of cup with a short pipe length should get you to 70MPH with 66% Nitro fuel and

A 35+ Nova Rossi 21. I have them on order right now from ABC. They are difficult

To keep in stock for very long. Try to keep your boat weight under 4 pounds and it should work

very well for you. If you need more speed you need more propeller or more RPM from your engine.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund
Thats what I used on this boat........Cooper or a 3280 OPS works well....Al Hobbs make s a good 21 pipe also

I go along with the props mentioned for racing. Testing I go with Joe's 1450 great for learning.If you beach her the expensive props go down fast.like your wallet. $12.00 You want to work your way up to the 1450 ,start out on a small prop until you get a handle on the speed 440 is a good starter Learn on slower speeds extra boom tubes will help a first timer. They will take some hard hits If built solid.

http://zippkits.com/...roducts_id=188t

The 35 plus can be a pain to get the boat to jump up on pipe. We run a backcut H7 on ours with the low time sleeve and it pulls it no problem. It usually takes until the first corner for the motor to pick up. Run the pipe around 8" to start so you have enough torque then work in from there. These motors rev like no other. Good luck.

Dave

Back