prop help please

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason cheyne

i have a Dumas Skater 67 with a stock K&B 7.5 outboard ran for the first time yesterday it had an octura 1450 for a prop i think it is a little big for this setup boat has good top end but takes a while to get there can anyone sugest a prop for me thanks for any help

My first choice for your set up would be an Octura X447, then X448 and or Prather 225 or 230. Raising the motor vertically will allow a stiffer prop to spin easier but better to get the prop that works and handles. You can cut blades down but if lower pitch is availiable in the same blade configuration go there first.

Mic

My first choice for your set up would be an Octura X447, then X448 and or Prather 225 or 230. Raising the motor vertically will allow a stiffer prop to spin easier but better to get the prop that works and handles. You can cut blades down but if lower pitch is availiable in the same blade configuration go there first.

Mic
i did raise the engine and it did help with takeoff but it did cavitate quite a bit also caused a little more porpusing i know this cn be adjusted out with trim angle it really woke up when the wind came up and there was a small chop on the water

Back