PNWTA.org presents the - 2013 Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john reifel

The 2013 Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship is taking place October 5th and 6th at Twin Lakes Park in Arlington Washington. We are planning on having open water for testing on Friday the 4th starting at 12:00 pm.

This year we will be running four classes of Scale Hydroplanes 1/8 Scale nitro, 1/7 Scale Electric, Gas Scale Hydro and the Semi Scale stock motor Classic Thunderboats. If you have any questions about the race or need to know if your boat will be legal in its respective class please contact us. Race information can be found at www.pnwta.org

Hello Marty,

I know the 1/6 scale gas hydro is qualifying on Saturday and Sunday with finals. What is the schedule for the rest of the classes for Saturday and sunday?

#9 Marty Shallenberger

NW Scale Hydroplane Race Update-

I'm happy to announce that we have added NAMBA 1/8 Scale Electric Class to this years race.

Please see below for updated race information-

The 10th Annual Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship is taking place October 5th and 6th at Twin Lakes Park in Arlington Washington. Currently we are planning on having open water for testing on Friday the 4th. There will be very little time for testing on race days so please take advantage of Fridays open water.

This year we will be running four classes of Scale Hydroplanes, Gas Scale Hydro, 1/8 Scale Nitro, 1/8 Scale Electric and 1/7 Scale Electric. We will also be running the NAMBA Classic Thunderboat class. If you have any questions about the race or need to know if your boat will be legal in its respective class please contact me at [email protected]

Race Schedule:

Friday - Open Water

Saturday - 1/7 Scale Electric will run all preliminary and final heats - Gas Scale, 1/8 Scale Nitro, 1/8 Scale Electric will run three or four preliminary heats

Sunday - Classic Thunderboats will run all preliminary and final heats - Gas Scale, 1/8 Scale Nitro and 1/8 Scale Electric will run the rest of their preliminary heats and all finals.

Marty

Marty Shallenberger

www.pnwta.org

ROLE CALL! :rolleyes:

WERE HAVING CRAZY RAIN THIS WEEKEND, THE LAST WEEK END OF SEPTEMBER. BUT DON'T LET THAT FOOL YA. NEXT WEEKEND IS GOING TO BE AWESOME WEATHER AND RACING!!!!!! :) THE POND IS GOING TO HAVE FRESH WATER AND THE LEAVEL WILL BE VERY HIGH AND THAT IS A FORMULA FOR SUCCESS TO HAVE A BIG COURSE LAYOUT AND FAST LAPS.

I FIGURE FOR ALL WHO POST UP HERE, THERE WILL BE ATLEAST 6 MORE RACERS THAT WILL SHOW UP ON RACE DAY.

:rolleyes:

SO, WHO'S IN????? POST UP!

5-6 of us canucks, I'm bringing the 69 pak and the 93 Miss Rock

1185962_675481969128947_1879235150_n.jpg

gallery_128_1479_33636.jpg

Al, I'll miss you this year. My nephew picked this weekend to get married. Kelly will be driving my $ Bill, though. He knows not to lift when he's ahead this year.

Lohring Miller

Hey John,

"Mr. Waters" ????? You call him that, and he may not show up !!! Har, Har !!!

I know you'll have a good time Big Al. Leave the Oberto at home and let him rest. He needs it.

CHEERS !!! Bob

ROLE CALL! :rolleyes:

WERE HAVING CRAZY RAIN THIS WEEKEND, THE LAST WEEK END OF SEPTEMBER. BUT DON'T LET THAT FOOL YA. NEXT WEEKEND IS GOING TO BE AWESOME WEATHER AND RACING!!!!!! :) THE POND IS GOING TO HAVE FRESH WATER AND THE LEAVEL WILL BE VERY HIGH AND THAT IS A FORMULA FOR SUCCESS TO HAVE A BIG COURSE LAYOUT AND FAST LAPS.

I FIGURE FOR ALL WHO POST UP HERE, THERE WILL BE ATLEAST 6 MORE RACERS THAT WILL SHOW UP ON RACE DAY.

:rolleyes:

SO, WHO'S IN????? POST UP!

Hi John- I'm in for Gas Scale with the Coors

I'm expecting somewhere around 70 Scale Hydros based on last years turnout

Marty

www.pnwta.org

Hey John,

"Mr. Waters" ????? You call him that, and he may not show up !!! Har, Har !!!

I know you'll have a good time Big Al. Leave the Oberto at home and let him rest. He needs it.

CHEERS !!! Bob

Hi Bob- We just make him call every heat for 2 days - Sometimes we give him a chair so he can sit down between heats , Ya know he's not getting any younger !!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the 10th year Al and I have been doing this - Thats a lot of frigging heats

Marty

Lohring -- You better find some more RPM's if you think the $Bill has a chance against my Coors HA HA

Marty

Al, I'll miss you this year. My nephew picked this weekend to get married. Kelly will be driving my $ Bill, though. He knows not to lift when he's ahead this year.

Lohring Miller

Hey Marty,

But the question is - Who's buying dinner. Al is easy, but he doesn't work cheap. Anyone that plots places to eat on his last 1/2 country trek to Reserve - - - requires a lot of fuel. Har, Har !!! When I met Big Al at the Argonauts pond a couple years ago - - - - did we stop to watch boats??? --- No we went for a nice lunch at a seafood joint he knew. And the man chooses well !!!!

I attended the Evansville, IN race last weekend. Best turn out of Scale and Sport 40 boats I've seen in years. Had a great time. First time I had ever even been in Indiana. Very nice site, surrounded by Hotels and places to eat. Cracker Barrel and Texas Roadhouse within spitting distance. I was impressed, and I've been doing boats on and off since 1970.

They had 23 1/8th Nitro Scales, 20 Sport 40s, and 5 Gas Scale boats. I didn't even embellish this time - I looked at the Results pages to label - Owner's Names on the pics of Scale boats I took.

Harvey Liberman's 1/6th 2000 T-6 Bud is huge. He launches it himself. His pit man runs for cover as the time approached. Har, Har !!!!

Big Al,

Rick Bellinger made me pit his two Monos at the race. Yes, I got the appropriate shots before touching the first one. He ran 4 classes and did his best to wear me out. I start a training program for the Spring Nats in April. May even drag the CT with me again.

Keep a close eye on him Marty - feed the man well, and hopefully you two will go another ten years. CHEERS !!! Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting back to the roll call, unless I'm told I'm not welcome, I will be there for some post-repair testing on Friday after work but won't be able to run over the rest of the weekend due to other commitments. I'd like to see some of those "Canuck" boats as well :ph34r:

:D :D O - MY - GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just saw the extended forcast for next weekend. It's going to be one of the best horse power days we have ever had. Mid to upper 60s with sun and a slight chance of rain.
:D :D :D

Hey Guys,

Hopefully someone at the race will take pics and annotate them for the benefit of the group. Chris Denslow takes excellent pics, but most are from a distance, and none are annotated except for his pic number. Maybe someone can use some of his pics and annotate what's what.

Rob Duckering. will be there, takes excellent running pics, and hopefully will take some close up pics as well in the pits and annotate. Just no French, Eh???

I'm sure there will be others taking pics too. It pays to advertise guys.

I'm very curious as to the numbers of all the different classes that will be run. Marty has Big All chained to the judges stand all weekend, so I think I'll have the administrative side covered for info. Marty assured me he'd throw the Olde CD a sandwich every once in a while to keep him going.

Let's face it Marty, Big Al just flat LOVES to talk. Hand him a mike and he's in Water's Heaven !!!!!!!!! Har, Har !!!

Weather sounds GREAT John. Good Luck to everyone. Run fast, turn right. OK - - - 1/7th Electrics - turn LEFT.

CHEERS !!! Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are killing me. :D Especially you Bob! Glad you still have the enthusiasm you do for mosel boating..

Its amazing that it has been 10 years and this race is still going strong. I think Marty's good advance planning and evolving year after year making format changes to this race has kept it interesting to the model boaters and bringing in good attendance. Especially when it is the last race in an area that has many races to choose from during the year.

I would like to thank the model boaters who participate and those who year after year volunteer to set up and take down the course and drivers stand. They are the ones who really make it happen. Marty and I (Marty's brother Tom, Bob Greenhow, and of course Pam) just try and do the best job we can keeping things going and being fair to everyone.

It's my opportunity to see friends that I miss hanging out with. Can I talk a lot? Sure! But everyone I get to see will have a lot better stories to tell than I.

I hope a few hang around for bench racing on Saturday evening. That is always a good time.

9 races and 9 winners and in two of those, the winner didn't cross the finish line. Its one of the most competitive and clean driving races that I have ever been associated with. Maybe we will get to see them all finish this year. That would make my day.

Thnaks, Al Waters

Back