Pit box ideas

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussieboater

Hi Everyone

Looking for ideas on pit boxs as i want to build one so post your pics to me or by email think of going elec fuel pump, power panel , fuel holder etc etc

Thanks

Brad

I built mine like a open roof birdhouse with the carrying bar across the top. I made the bottom wide enough to hold two 7AH gell cell batteries, mounted a hobbico power panel on it and left enough room the put the starter in the box.

I drilled a hole for the glow plug starter to go in while carrying the setup and added bananna jacks for charging.

Works real nice.

Russell Bear built one similar to mine. https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=30

Its the white one in the pictures. He found the yellow and purple one to be too bulky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone

Looking for ideas on pit boxs as i want to build one so post your pics to me or by email think of going elec fuel pump, power panel , fuel holder etc etc

Thanks

Brad
Brad, you pay for shipping and the yellow and purple one is yours. It will hold everything you need.

Russell...

Hey Brad....I would stick to manual fuel pumps and leave the gallon of fuel behind. Fuel it up ahead of time and just lug the bare necessaties. I have a little block of aluminum that holds a few glow plugs. Never know when you will need one. Go fast and God bless! Jim

Hey Brad....I would stick to manual fuel pumps and leave the gallon of fuel behind. Fuel it up ahead of time and just lug the bare necessaties. I have a little block of aluminum that holds a few glow plugs. Never know when you will need one. Go fast and God bless! Jim
I also separate my fuel from the starter. I use a 5.56 ammo can that is just big enough to hold the 2 10 amp gel cells.

plastic tool box from ace hardware (sears) cut out dividers, insert powerpanel,fuel pump,12volt lawn tractor battery,the back has bolts on back one philips head, one regular screw driver for(+/-)so i can hookup a field battery charger for my (tx/rx). a boat cleat to wrap fuel line around,a kwik fill to plug my fuel jug into,I also used rc car batteries pack connectors to plug and unplug from the main 12 volt battery for easy changing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone

some great ideas there for me , Russel very nice box but i sort of want to build my own so i can call it mine if that makes sence but thanks for the offer looks as if Ron wants it anyway

Thanks

Brad

I used a Rubbermaid toolbox for hauling to the hot pits so I don't have to drag the fuel and other things along. The power panel fit right where one of the parts boxes fit and the starter in the other. I keep a flight box for fuel. battery charging etc., back in my pit. I have 2-12 volt batteries in there with separate banana plugs for 24 volts.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...cat=10008&pos=6

Ron Byrd, Did you get it?
Hey Russell, man I have been so busy with the NAMBA Nats and all that has gone on for the past few weeks I forgot all about this until I got home today and saw a big brown box at the door. Thanks and please let me know what I owe you!

Ron

Ron Byrd, Did you get it?
Hey Russell, man I have been so busy with the NAMBA Nats and all that has gone on for the past few weeks I forgot all about this until I got home today and saw a big brown box at the door. Thanks and please let me know what I owe you!

Ron
Good to hear it arrived. Just remember me the next time I make a bearing order. ;)

With my idea you will need a truck or something with a little room.

After a few years I became tired of carrying around a pit box and kneeling on the ground to start boats. And where do you put your plug wrench, starter, or glow starter? On the ground?

This was my solution to a starting stand, pit box, and work bench. When it's time to run you wheel it in. When you are finished you wheel it out. Like I said it is a bulky single item but it is only one item.

Back