Pipe On Larger Zenoah

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkDanielsSr

Supporting Member
Having trouble getting my thoughts around gas pipes. Setting up G300 from Gizmo in a large deep vee. Am I correct that a 1"105 degree header that I have and buy a 2 inch band pipe will give me the extra volume for the larger displacement motor or is it even important with gas motors. My thoughts are stuck on nitro, more volume for bigger displacement. Is there a preferred pipe setup for this motor? This is my first gas engine over 26cc. Thanks, Mark

Any good steel pipe will work.. generally you will gain torque with a wider band width.. And more important is the pipe length. I like the zippkits pipe... 7/8 header. Cut the header to length. Start long... Shorten as needed.. shorting gains rpm's to a point, the increase will stop at a point, that's when you have reach peak performance... Redline and qd hotpipes are also great... If your stuck on 1", go with cc racing. Just my opinions...

Look at the zippkits supertuned.. best bang for the buck, and they just tested with great results in a 29.5 bigblock.. and they just got over 300 in stock. Cannot go wrong with the adjustability.

I've been going through the same thing myself over the winter. I dropped a full-mod 30cc RCMK into my Rampage and am going to ry out one of Dan Place's 1" pipes hooked up to Joe's (Zippkits) header and water-cooled flange to see how it works. There's been lively discussions on if there are merits of 1" exhaust over the 7/8". I guess that I won't know until I try it for myself. Some have said that the RCMK 265's needed a 1" system.

The original 1 inch aluminum Powermaster pipes were and are my favorite by far. There are other versions of that pipe that came out later that dont work as well in my opinion. These have a 2 inch band so they are pretty forgiving for tuning. Tony J

Mark pretty sure that they arent being made any longer. Carlo was going to bring out a version of that pipe this year but havent seen it yet.

The degree header you use has nothing to do with the volume of the pipe. If the boat is big enough you can go with a two inch offset and not have to touch it to get into the radio box. Zipkitts has the best headers and pipes are great too.

As far as pipes go for the 320 your performance will be down unless you use a pipe that handles the larger displacement engines, since there is more volume exiting the cylinder you will have to have a larger volume pipe and tune it accordingly.

Les Smith

Performance Unlimited

"When Performance Matters"

www.PerformanceUnlimitedProducts.com

Latest posts

Back