Pipe & Length

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamvictory

I have a GO Engine .25 3-port offroad motor being converted for marine use; a full mod job will also be done (timing, turbo crank, etc.), so I'm looking for a good tuned pipe. What kind of pipe would be best? And what pipe length should work well?

I was thinking a .21 pipe but don't know if those have enough volume.

teamvictory

Last edited by a moderator:
.21 pipe will work just fine. 3 port buggy/truck motors dont make the best boat engines, but it will be something fun to play with, good luck! You could start with a Mac's pipe (cheap and easy to find at tower) and go from there. There are many .21 pipes to choose from, they all will act differently. Good starting point would be 8.5 inches to the center of the weld/bulge from the plug.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...LXZ558&P=ML

~James

I didnt say you cant make them run, you just have to do a lot of work.... but you already know that LOL.

~James

Is a 6-port motor better for a boat?

I had a well-known motor mod guy tell me the GO 6-port sleeve from the Competition .25 will fit in my (3-port) .25 - does this sound right? I wouldn't think the 6-port sleeve works in my crankcase. Thoughts?

Back