Pipe / Header Sleeve over fix

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Foley

Supporting Member
Well... got tired of the coupler wear deal and even the Teflon ones over time develop bulges and slide off etc . so i started making Billet pipe extensions welded on to the pipe that sleeve over the header snd accept the 7/8 " X large silicone over top of them that is not exposed to exhaust gas temps . Testing went well and this is available as a service now for 35.00 per pipe . Check it out . :)

nlvdk9.jpg

f2vksz.jpg

10n9kxj.jpg

qwwvna.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Made something like that on my Sport 40 which would burn a coupler ever couple of runs. The only other thing I did was made it water cooled. seem to help and not effect performance. I will look for pictures and post,sold the boat so not sure I still have pictures.Jerry

Nice work Tom, on thoseare you able to move the pipe in or out? I know Dan McCormick made a couple few years back he was able to move the pipe. I check it out up close in couple weeks might be good to try on the sport40.

Nice work Tom, on thoseare you able to move the pipe in or out? I know Dan McCormick made a couple few years back he was able to move the pipe. I check it out up close in couple weeks might be good to try on the sport40.
They do telescope Robert,

sweet stuff Foley.
cool.gif

I will get with ya first of next week to do my MACS pipe for the X-Mono .

Andy

Made something like that on my Sport 40 which would burn a coupler ever couple of runs. The only other thing I did was made it water cooled. seem to help and not effect performance. I will look for pictures and post,sold the boat so not sure I still have pictures.Jerry
They will not burn couplers , they overlap near an inch . The couplers on my AB pipes on the Mac headers last over a year .

Tom Foley said:
Had those eventually loosen up and get mishapen after time but everything has some maintenance associated with it .
That's why I wrote "very tight pressfit"

Wall-thickness is 3mm or 1/8"

Teflon inner-diameter 1 > 1,5mm or 3/64 > 1/16" smaller as pipe-header and /or manifold outside-diameter.

Use heatgun to soften the teflon-coupler , and use the continuous pressure provided by the spring-type clamps.

(as the teflon-coupler will soften during running .... the spring-type clamps will lock that up.)

It will hold several years on glow-engines , and 2 > 3 years on gas-engines.

Back