Pipe coupler material

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea. It would be nice to have some more. Problem being is they never wear out. Hence, you have to sit on a lot of stock for awhile before you recoupe your money.

Mike

;) HEY , CALL COOPER AND HAVE HIM SEND YOU A WATER COOPLING FOR THE PIPE , I USE THEM ALL THE TIME , NO MORE BURNT ARMS ,,, I DID DEVELOPE IT ABOUT 10 YRS AGO . GOD BLESS

I've had best luck with Aerotrend "Cream of the Crop". When you use the plastic Zip hose clamps it's Cool to see the two or

three piles of melted plastic in the bottom fo the boat after each run. :ph34r:

The super coupler material is the best coupler that I have used. I have a couple that I bought 7-8 years ago. I have never burned one. I have had them cut on a sharp pipe edge. The material grabs onto the pipe and header when it gets hot. I talked the Mike a couple of days ago and it sounded like he was going to bite the bullet and buy a roll. I pre ordered a life time supply on the spot. They have not been available for a couple of years And I am not going to get caught with out a supply again.

Mark

OK I have been looking into it. I was just wondering what the interest would be? I have a sample going to the manufacture right now to be checked. So something will be happening in the next week or so. I would be selling it the same way Jim Auguston did. A 2" piece with 2 zip ties. Looks like the price will be $10 or so. Price is not set in stone yet. Might go down to $8, just have to wait and hear from the manufacture. I will also be offering it in custom cuts. Price to be determined but the more you buy the better the deal.

Thanks

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
holy smokes, talk about "unobtanium".

I guess that's the price to for pay for the extra couple of miles per hour gained with the lean needle setting that is the culprit for the burning couplers :(

How bout cutting back on pipe backpressure to relieve heat? I'm just guessing, as either to much back-pressure or to lean a needle setting has always been the cause of coupler meltdown for me. My 2 cents, 23 more and you get a phone call. B)

Mike Hughes said:
OK I have been looking into it. I was just wondering what the interest would be? I have a sample going to the manufacture right now to be checked. So something will be happening in the next week or so. I would be selling it the same way Jim Auguston did. A 2" piece with 2 zip ties. Looks like the price will be $10 or so. Price is not set in stone yet. Might go down to $8, just have to wait and hear from the manufacture. I will also be offering it in custom cuts. Price to be determined but the more you buy the better the deal.Thanks

Mike
What sizes??? :blink:

3/4 ID that will stretch to 7/8 no problem. I even put it on a 1" pipe one time.

Mike

Don Ferrette said:
What sizes???  :blink:
hehe, I'd like to know too :D

Could 3/4" compress down tight enough on a .45 header and pipe? the header is 5/8" OD

Well I had to check. My picco 45's and K45's have headers of .7". Needed a .625 header. Couldn't find one so took a 21 pipe with an .64" OD and it was no problem. Looks kind of funny with the two pipes stuck together.

Mike

Here is a close up of the coupler. So does the MAC 45 have a header of .625"? Seems kind of small to me. I have never measured one.

Mike

One of my favorate saying "You learn something new everyday." ;)

I put that down as one for today.

Mike

Back