• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

pic requirement should we do it?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

should pics be required with all for sale posts?

• yes

Votes: 86 71.1%
  • no

Votes: 35 28.9%

• Total voters

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
So what do you all think? I'm seeing an increase in people wanting this to happen so lets see how the numbers play out........

Last edited by a moderator:
it should. you at least want to see what you are buying and it helps you make your decision if you want to buy it or not.. I think it should period just like Jims RC Boat Dock.. ohh and they should have a price also..

Julian

I agree with mr conde.

Also I know its up to the buyer/seller but I think flaws in a product should be disclosed in the ad.

I have to agree with Mr. Edge you have to describe the item like it is not lie just to sell there item..

Julian

I'm only 28 and could not get pictures to load today.... If you dont trust the source ask for pictures and if they won't you know something might be wrong.... They would probably take pictures of the good sife anyway....... Its just the chances you take buying anything used.

Now for the manufacturing section it would be nice if they don't have a website to see the products they are pushing ....

Thanks, Kevin......

I think that pictures actually help make the sale. It helps both the buyer and seller meaning 'what you see is what you get'. Naturally, accurate pictures should be used.

Bill

I want to say yes to pics Period!!!, but on the other hand loading pics can be troublesome or impossible if not the right size,MB and so on.

If they can't load pics does these mean they are pulling the wool over somebodys eyes,Maybe/Maybe not.

How about this........

"Sellers must provide pics and/or a link on the sale add to access the pics"

Tim

I think that pictures actually help make the sale. It helps both the buyer and seller meaning 'what you see is what you get'. Naturally, accurate pictures should be used.

Bill

This sure looks like more govt regulation to me. If you as an advertiser want to make a sale then pics help.If not so be it. Buyer beware. But a simple item like a servo or RX? I have had trouble everytime I download a photo and ust can't seem to resize them enough to fit. I have had good luck buying from members here. I would rather see a feedbck or rating system to weed out problem sellers.

Mic

This sure looks like more govt regulation to me. If you as an advertiser want to make a sale then pics help.If not so be it. Buyer beware. But a simple item like a servo or RX? I have had trouble everytime I download a photo and just can't seem to resize them enough to fit. I have had good luck buying from members here. I would rather see a feedbck or rating system to weed out problem sellers.

Mic
Personally I think pics only help you sell stuff but since there has been a significant increase in people thinking it should be a requirement we'll let the members show what they prefer, that's anything but "govt. regulation". As for trouble uploading pics most of the time it's because of the camera settings. Just go in to the cameras programming, (you might need to dig out the camera's manual to figure it out) and reduce the pic size it shoots. You really don't need to shoot the equivalent of an 8x10 portrait. ;)
As far as feedback and ratings systems they often just turn into a big pizzin' match and we definitely don't need that here.

NO!!! you will effectivly bar some folks from selling by requiring pics. i'm on dial up, so uploading pics requires packing a lunch. even when i have pics the right size & format, uploading them here doesn't always work. i'm 59 years old, i didn't grow up with a computer in my face, or a game controller in my hand. i don't need a computer for my job, so i haven't felt the need to learn a bunch of stuff that's minimally useful to me. i have to keep up with the rapidly advancing technology in the automotive business, so advanced electronics & technology aren't the issue. i can surf the web, & check my email, that's all i really need out of a computer, i only have a cell phone because my son gave it to me. call me old school, antiquated or whatever, but this world got along for EONS without all the crap folks think they HAVE to have today......i say buy from the folks you see on here often, i you have doubts, ask around. i have never been burned on iw, just got some stuff i didn't want, only because i didn't ask the right questions. pics, even if posted, don't have to show the bad stuff. hell, they might not even be the actual item for sale. just more hoops to jump through that aren't going to stop a scammer from screwing folks. kinda like the old saying, locks only keep honest people out. if you don't trust me, i prolly don't want to deal with you either <_< .

OBSOLETE & PROUD OF IT B) !!!!!

This sure looks like more govt regulation to me. If you as an advertiser want to make a sale then pics help.If not so be it. Buyer beware. But a simple item like a servo or RX? I have had trouble everytime I download a photo and just can't seem to resize them enough to fit. I have had good luck buying from members here. I would rather see a feedbck or rating system to weed out problem sellers.

Mic
Personally I think pics only help you sell stuff but since there has been a significant increase in people thinking it should be a requirement we'll let the members show what they prefer, that's anything but "govt. regulation". As for trouble uploading pics most of the time it's because of the camera settings. Just go in to the cameras programming, (you might need to dig out the camera's manual to figure it out) and reduce the pic size it shoots. You really don't need to shoot the equivalent of an 8x10 portrait. ;)
As far as feedback and ratings systems they often just turn into a big pizzin' match and we definitely don't need that here.
"OBSOLETE & PROUD OF IT !!!!!

Yay!!!! Someone here on this web-site I can relate to. :D

I happen to agree with Mic on this. My vote will be NO. Leave it to the descretion of the Seller.. If a seller doesn't want to show a pic - then he has the possiblitiy of not selling his item. Pic's & Looks can be decieving.. Case-in-point: Back in the 80's, if I were to get a pic(or visually see one of Mic's Tunnel hulls) I would have said "No way", But it was my loss, because they happened to be one of the "Fastest Tunnels" I've ever seen.. No offense -Mic. B) I haven't seen your Modern Versions... :) Let's leave it to the Sellers.

ted,that is an EXCELLENT point, & a GREAT example. while mic's htv hulls may not be lexus fit & finish, they are ferrari fast. if i were to judge them on looks alone, no way i'd want one. i absolutely don't mean this to be a knock against mic or his hulls, as i'm a htv "team" driver, i have 2 of his mod vp's on permanent loan. my son & i race them at every race we can. i have other mod vp hulls, but mics run & handle the best for my setup & driving style. so, to me, they are the best ones out there. if i went just by looks, i wouldn't even think about one.........

& yes, i'm old school, when your word & a handshake meant something.

"do what you say & say what you do" - arthur r. stebbins, sr. (my father)

I agree with Robin- I will e-mail pics but resizing them is something I can't do easily.

I also say no. If a seller wants to sell something, they will post pics to move it. They can ask for pics at any time. I will post pics if I want to sell something. Just know who you are dealing with. How about a motor, should I tear it down to sell it? Frozen bearings don't show up on a picture. I am also OLD school.A man of my word and if it is not as described I tell people to send it back or get them what they need.I have no complaints as far as I know. I vote NO. Thanks Tom

ted,that is an EXCELLENT point, & a GREAT example. while mic's htv hulls may not be lexus fit & finish, they are ferrari fast. if i were to judge them on looks alone, no way i'd want one. i absolutely don't mean this to be a knock against mic or his hulls, as i'm a htv "team" driver, i have 2 of his mod vp's on permanent loan. my son & i race them at every race we can. i have other mod vp hulls, but mics run & handle the best for my setup & driving style. so, to me, they are the best ones out there. if i went just by looks, i wouldn't even think about one.........

& yes, i'm old school, when your word & a handshake meant something.

"do what you say & say what you do" - arthur r. stebbins, sr. (my father)
My hats off to Mic & Arthur R. Stebbins!!! :p

More rules and regulations, are not needed, in my opinion. If this passes, you will be limiting the amount of members that will be able to use this portion of the site. Often, pictures dont show complete minute details of a item for sale anyways. Pictures or not, you still have to have trust in the seller you are dealing with. Can you guess?? Yes sir.... i am one of the dummies that cant do pictures lol Richard D

Not really unless someone wants to offer that service.

Posting pictures I am sure is easy for you young whippersnappers, but for

us old folk we are not current with the process. I have plenty of stuff to

sell, but I feel bad about the picture postings. It will help sell your stuff.

Need Techno Help, :D

Mark Sholund

Back