Paypal nightmare

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Jefferson

I'm currently on vacation in the U.S. and luckily have a laptop with Internet access. I checked my email on Tuesday morning and found that I had made 5 Paypal transactions over night adding up to $2000.00. to a guy with a name I can't even pronounce. One email said I tried to add a CC to my account and changed some of my security access.

I immediately got on the phone with Paypal and confirmed my account had been hacked. PP's security picked up on the unusual activity and locked my account. However, there is nothing they can do to stop the payments from happening. I've spent the last two days on the phone closing out credit cards and placing stop payments on my account, transferring funds to cover the extra withdrawls etc. Not having a Roaming plan is really going to suck as the fee from U.S. to Canada is $1.45 per minute.

The bank can put a stop payment on my account but the funds are actually held and deposited back in two days later. Transfers, stop payments and phone charges will all cost money out of my own pocket. So I have to ask myself, what the hell is this world coming to? Some slimey "Mohamad" can sit in his ghetto little basement apartment in front of a computer and scam money from innocent people.

Sorry, just venting!

ps. The ironic part is that PP sends this guy an email to see if he can verify the purchases I made from him. Lol Back to fishing...

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
That happened to me Two months ago. Not with Paypal but with 2 computer websites I've never been to. Good thing is they only took 45 dollars.

you simply report the charges to the credit card companies as fraud. They take care of the rest. Paypal is known for having this sort of service. If it wasnt such a convenience, I wouldnt use it. BUT, it makes paying so easy.

Ron get with the credit card company and the bank it will be deposited back into your account had it happen few months ago someone went nuts with my card in N.C. GEO. and S.C but they put everything back next day Robert

I'm pretty sure I have all points covered to protect myself from the Paypal scam. What sucks is the money lost trying to cover my a$$, phone bills, stop payment fees and time away from my vacation (estimate a couple hundred bucks). Something tells me the jerk that pulled this off isn't loosing any sleep, or money. Not only that... this is just the type of thing that causes inflated fees. CC companies/Paypal charge what they do in order to cover fraud, lack of payment and other losses.

Funny thing happened... The campground we're staying in has poor cell reception so I had to drive outside the park to make calls. Sitting at the top of an off ramp talking to PP, I look in the rear view and there's a cop walking up to my window. Turned out all good but I felt like a criminal for a moment explaining what I was doing there. Lol

Just glad I'm not easily stressed. More of a chore keeping the wife calmed knowing that PP is strictly used for boat stuff. Lol

Ron go to Walmart and get a trac phone. Buy a few minutes and keep it for every time you come to the states. Oh can I borrow a couple grand? you can paypal me :blink: :blink: :blink:

Ron go to Walmart and get a trac phone. Buy a few minutes and keep it for every time you come to the states. Oh can I borrow a couple grand? you can paypal me :blink: :blink: :blink:
And your Paypal is... Mikey@Eugeniusz Stawiski.com Lol

Wht yes it is,if you prefer just mail a check. Make it out to my sir name CASH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back