Packard Merlin stacks

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Smith

Does anyone have any good pictures of the Packard Merlin stacks?

I have access to a 3D printer and want to get them as close as possible.

display.JPG

Gentlemen,

Thank you both. I will work on making a couple sets in 1/8th, and 1/6th.

Hi Matt,

I will gladly buy a set of 1/8th scale stacks if you end up having a spare available.

Great pictures,

Thanks Dave.

I'm going to work on this over the weekend, I'll keep everyone updated.

Just one word of caution. Not all boats used the same style of stack. There were two or three types used on the Merlin, the one pictured above being the most common. Unless you have a picture of the full sized boat that shows different stacks, those shown above would probably be fine and, better yet, most won't know the difference if they are correct or not
default_cool.png

Dave,

I need a couple of the 1/8 Merlin stack too.

Please let me know when you are ready.

Gilbert

I'll work on a couple more pictures. Again this is a 'rough draft' the model definitely needs some tweaking before the next run. When I'm satisfied with the final product we can talk about making some more sets for everyone.

Brad, this particular set took over 5 hours on the printer! The printer I'm using is a small home made one that was built by a buddy of mine. Over the next couple of weeks were going to try some other things like Griffon stacks, steering wheels, and maybe dash panels.

Latest posts

Back