P-limited J.A.E.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeWScott

Thought I would post here as well, since it is an outrigger......

It's done! Just need ESC batteries & charger. I'm going to go with a Thunder Power charger & either Hyperion or the Dinogy batteries. Still a "little" up in the air on the ESC. Either Aquacraft or the Turnigy 120 from Hobby King. Lot's of good & bad info online about the Turnigy controllers. Sigh.

What kind of runtime can I expect out of a 5000 MAH 4s pack? I'm running the UL-1 motor.

This is a pretty much "off the shelf" build. The rudder bracket is the only custom piece really. I switched the cowl around to my liking.

Mamaril strut, Preusse fin, Speedmaster rudder, other items Zipkits, Dubro. Aquacraft motor.

Paint scheme is OK to me, it's growing on me I guess. I hate painting!!

IMG_0064_edited.jpg

Nice looking boat. As a base line, an Octura 645 prop you should give about 6 minutes. Prop choice will push that up or down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran a modified m545 on my spec rigger with a turnigy nanotec 5000 and a t120 esc. I was able to win the 2011 fe nats with that setup. Granted that was on a 1/8 mile oval not a 1/6 the prop setup may be a bit different for the a bigger course if you plan to run that. I ran a different strut than the JAE one that you have, and I also found the boat ran better without the ski. Yours may not since you have the JAE strut.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back