P Limited J.A.E.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeWScott

It's done! Just need ESC batteries & charger. I'm going to go with a Thunder Power charger & either Hyperion or the Dinogy batteries. Still a "little" up in the air on the ESC. Either Aquacraft or the Turnigy 120 from Hobby King. Lot's of good & bad info online about the Turnigy controllers. Sigh.

What kind of runtime can I expect out of a 5000 MAH 4s pack? I'm running the UL-1 motor.

This is a pretty much "off the shelf" build. The rudder bracket is the only custom piece really. I switched the cowl around to my liking.

Mamaril strut, Preusse fin, Speedmaster rudder, other items Zipkits, Dubro. Aquacraft motor.

Paint scheme is OK to me, it's growing on me I guess. I hate painting!!

IMG_0062_edited.jpg

IMG_0064_edited.jpg

The Hyperion or Dinogy batteries are both good choices. I have run both in my P-Spec rigger with identical results. For the price it is very hard to beat the Dinogy batteries. I have been running a Castle ICE Lite 200 converted with WC by a teammate which fits nicely in the tub next to the battery. A T-180 will also work just fine.

I can run about 8 laps on a 5000mAh pack safely before pulling the batteries down too low.

Tyler

Similar set up (Turnigy 3665) and no problems with the T120. Only thing I would change is my batteries. I am using the same Zippyflight 5000mah packs that I purchased for my first supervee27 a couple of years ago. At 20C they get a pretty good workout on a 3 minute run.

Tyler very interested in the Dinogy packs which ones fit in the JAE FE hull it is quite tight in there,running Hyperion's but finishing there third season so looking for new packs for next year. Also can you send a link to purchase them? Thank You Jerry

I won spec rigger at the fe nats with my jae. I ran the ul1 motor, t120 esc and a turnigy nanotec 5000 turning a modified 545 octura prop

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back