Outrigger Suppliers/Builders

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim van Schyndel

I am from Australia and use to race riggers back in the late 80's and 90's. My fastest rigger was a Youngblood with a CMB 90 EVO twin glow plug (first in Aus at the time). I also ran some of the older Crap Shooters and even a Gator hull. I am very much interested in getting back into the hobby and would like to get details of those manufactures/builders who are supplying their boats and will ship to Australia. I am well aware of the JAE (Zippkits) and CMD racing. It is the other brands/options - Crap Shooter, Road Runner, Gator (if still made) style hulls I am interested in, and any of those that I may be unaware of (firefighter???). I have searched the Manufactures thread but it's hard to look for what you don't know.

I have to admit, it has always been the yanks that have led the way in this hobby. You have had some great designers/builders that always provided hulls that you could be confident in their performance, and from my limited recent research can see that this has not changed.

All other good hardware and motors are available here in Aus, but I am happy to consider any local hulls built here that I am unaware of.

This old model boaty thanks you in advance for your assistance - incredible that this website with all it's information even exists compared to 20+ years ago.

Put simply, I miss the speed!

Cheers

Tim

Tim there are Several Gas & Nitro Roadrunner Hydros kits being shipped to Austraila. Many of the guys racing in competition should have them on the water with more kits coming....... Contact Ralph at [email protected]

Thanks everyone for your response.

I have tried to contact Aaron Alberico but have heard that he may have left the hobby.

Cheers

Tim

Not sure if Brian Buass would ship to Australia but might be worth asking if you'd be interested.

He designed and builds the raptor riggers in various sizes and applications from small electric up to full size gas riggers.

Hands down some of the best riggers around.

His username is raptor347

Contact Paul Osmond from Goulburn (NSW). His boat build quality and performance is as good as anything that comes out of the United States.

Contact Paul Osmond from Goulburn (NSW). His boat build quality and performance is as good as anything that comes out of the United States.
Thanks Steve

I have been in contact with Paul who was very helpful but unfortunately already has quite a number of orders and will not be ready to start building for another couple of months or so.

I have purchased a 45 JAE from Zippkits but am also after a 67 or 90 circuit racing boat

This unfortunately leaves me with very few options:

Crapshooter - 3 year + wait

Eagle SGX - $1000 plus shipped to Aus

G3 Rigger - despite my numerous attempts at contacting them I am still yet to receive a response

Firefighter - no 67 or 90 boat

Taipan - I think I am no 13 in the list

This leaves:

JAE 90

Roadrunner (I have been in contact with Ralph)

Please let me know if there are any options I have missed????

With the Roadrunner you can get spare parts , sponsons cowls etc readily . I have two Roadrunner Twins , 67 , 21 . They are fast and durable . Tanks and Speedmaster /Accutech hardware are also readily available . Very important points here .

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a new laser cut JAE 90 short kit boat kit ready to be built. No cowl, boom tubes or hardware for it however. If you or anyone else is interested, PM me.

Tim I have a new in box 90/101 Eagle SG 80% kit, Turnfin with doubler, engine mount, strut, tank & 7075 rudder. Also have a carbon fibre cowl to go with it as well as the original plastic one. Would only be prepared to sell as a package.

Back