Outboard Tunnel - High Points Tribute Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VansRacing

Info-

For the last few weeks now, myself and Mark Hopper have been working out the details of an Sport Outboard Highpoints Tribute Race. A Tribute race named in honor of someone who has been very instrumental in racing and promoting the Sport Outboard R/C tunnel classes that we all enjoy today.

The final race will be held in Jackson Tennessee next fall and will be named (as it stands now) "The Tommy Lee Sport Outboard Tribute Series" . This race is a tribute race to all the dedication and effort that this man devoted to this class of Tunnel racing.

We want drivers from anywhere all over the country to be able to qualify for and participate in this final race. In order to do this, we have created a guideline to follow so that all contestants will be following the same format for the class. These guidelines are on a volenteer basis only. This format will not add classes but will simply collect points thru the classes that already exist.

If your local club offers 20 Sport Tunnel or 40 Sport Tunnel classes, and also agrees to check your engine for sport class rules according to the High points guidlines, your points collected at that race will count towards your final score. Choose score totals from any (3) races to qualify.

The final race will include all outboard tunnel classes for anyone to enter but the Sport Tribute Series Classes can only be entered thru collective points collected from you local areas IMPBA, NAMBA OR APBA.

I will be attaching the details for this simple format.

Contest Directors, if you have drivers in your club that you feel could have a chance at winning one of these one of a kind trophies, one for 40 Sport O/B tunnel- 1st place and one for 20 Sport O/B tunnel- 1st place, (normal trophies from 2nd place down will apply in the Sport Classes) contact us so that we can send you the info as it is very straight forward and easy to follow.

Sponsors, C/D's or drivers needing info contact:

Mark Hopper: HTBBoats.com

Carl Van Houten: [email protected]

Once the trophies are finished, I will post a picture of them on IW. They will be very nice w/ plated tunnel boats at the top! I will get the final guideline draft attached to this thread as soon as possible.

All sponsors are welcome to help promote this event.

Tribute 1st place Trophies Sponsored by: HTB Boats and Van's Racing & Design

-Carl,

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry,

Mark's club is holding a spot for the race early fall of 2006 so that there should be good weather for it. There are still a few little things left to work out. The exact date will be posted as soon as he meets with his guys.

I'll keep you posted.

-Carl,

Jerry,

Mark's club is holding a spot for the race early fall of 2006 so that there should be good weather for it. There are still a few little things left to work out. The exact date will be posted as soon as he meets with his guys.

I'll keep you posted.

-Carl,

Carl,

The OB Tunnel Championships hosted by the Charleston Model Boaters is presently scheduled for 7/8/9 Oct 2006 - the Columbus Day holiday weekend. I sure hope that this race you and Mark are planning will not encroach upon that race. Any consideration of possibly combining the tribute with that race?

John

JOHN,

We sure don't want to interfere with your race and we are looking at having our race the end of Oct or the first of November.

Mark Hopper

Yea....we don't want to pull drivers away from any races that's for sure. The whole idea is to get people to take their Sport Tunnels to their local club races and enter them. Mark is working the final event portion of this. I have just offered to help compile the guidelines help on the trophies and etc.

John, hopefully this will fill your Shoot Out event up with Sport Tunnels! Every body from our area is ready to come back to your site next year as we are sure to see a lot of action and points come from your area. We are bringing a pile of Sport tunnels with us when we come!

-Carl

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea....we don't want to pull drivers away from any races that's for sure. The whole idea is to get people to take their Sport Tunnels to their local club races and enter them. Mark is working the final event portion of this. I have just offered to help compile the guidelines help on the trophies and etc.

John, hopefully this will fill your Shoot Out event up with Sport Tunnels! Every body from our area is ready to come back to your site next year as we are sure to see a lot of action and points come from your area. We are bringing a pile of Sport tunnels over there with us!

-Carl

Excellent! Maybe we can use the Tunnel Championships as a hot warm up for the Tribute race for Tommy. All will be welcome.

Great idea Carl and Mark

Brian

John, hopefully this will fill your Shoot Out event up with Sport Tunnels! Every body from our area is ready to come back to your site next year as we are sure to see a lot of action and points come from your area. We are bringing a pile of Sport tunnels over there with us!

-Carl

Excellent! Maybe we can use the Tunnel Championships as a hot warm up for the Tribute race for Tommy. All will be welcome.

Back