Other 11CC outboard options!?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcazz

OK GUYS i am sick of K&B really, never any parts on anything you ever need and i am about ready to strangle everyone there, there connecting rods are POS!! and they dont do anything to improve on them...anyways enough bashing, what are you guys doing to get a good 11CC outboard engine working on the lower end unit of the K&b, and is it a difficult hassel conversion or something that can be done easily.....i am trying to find all my possible options here and i need to do it quickly... Thanks.

Also, i have a prather 36 inch the earlier design built in the late to early 90's. K&B does have the 16CC outboard in stock, but would this be too much for this boat? or would it work? i am looking for the best advice here today thx agian guys..

Not only is it hard to get K&B 11cc engines, it is also hard to find any new 11cc engine. Currently, the only marine 11cc engine for sale in the US is the CMB.

Lohring Miller

Not only is it hard to get K&B 11cc engines, it is also hard to find any new 11cc engine. Currently, the only marine 11cc engine for sale in the US is the CMB.
Lohring Miller
i have 3 new 11 cc engines and a few used.. let me know if you need one.

terry

OK GUYS i am sick of K&B really, never any parts on anything you ever need and i am about ready to strangle everyone there, there connecting rods are POS!! and they dont do anything to improve on them...anyways enough bashing, what are you guys doing to get a good 11CC outboard engine working on the lower end unit of the K&b, and is it a difficult hassel conversion or something that can be done easily.....i am trying to find all my possible options here and i need to do it quickly... Thanks.
A nelson with a 47 P/S or get two and use one power head in 45class & change power head run in 11 class , love irwin pipe

They rock, parts are very cheap and they are light.

Several folks have OPS 67 and 80 aircraft motors modified to fit an outdrive. the CMB 67RS can also be made to work like the 45RS. All of these would be stronger than the K&B 11cc motors (IMO), look out for cable issues.

Back