OT.......The Official Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Hydro

just in good winter spirit (for those who have a winter) :D

The Official Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

50° Fahrenheit (10° C)

Californians shiver uncontrollably.

Canadians plant gardens.

35° Fahrenheit (1.6° C)

Italian Cars won't start

Canadians drive with the windows down

32° Fahrenheit (0 ° C)

American water freezes

Canadian water gets thicker.

0° Fahrenheit (-17.9° C)

New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.

Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-60° Fahrenheit (-51° C)

Mt. St. Helens freezes.

Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100° Fahrenheit (-73° C)

Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.

Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-173° Fahrenheit (-114° C)

Ethyl alcohol Freezes.

Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg

-460° Fahrenheit (-273° C)

Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.

Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)

Hell freezes over.

The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup

Dan.

I went out to the garage last night after work- 1am opened a beer. It froze before I could get a second mouthful! -27~C :ph34r:

I went out to the garage last night after work- 1am opened a beer. It froze before I could get a second mouthful! -27~C :ph34r:
LOL,

that's because your slowing down, you should have finished it in just one mouthfull.

;) :lol:

Dan.

just in good winter spirit (for those who have a winter) :D
The Official Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

50° Fahrenheit (10° C)

Californians shiver uncontrollably.

Canadians plant gardens.

35° Fahrenheit (1.6° C)

Italian Cars won't start

Canadians drive with the windows down

32° Fahrenheit (0 ° C)

American water freezes

Canadian water gets thicker.

0° Fahrenheit (-17.9° C)

New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.

Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-60° Fahrenheit (-51° C)

Mt. St. Helens freezes.

Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100° Fahrenheit (-73° C)

Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.

Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-173° Fahrenheit (-114° C)

Ethyl alcohol Freezes.

Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg

-460° Fahrenheit (-273° C)

Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.

Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

Hell freezes over.

Dan.
I guess everything is relative Dan. Got a e-mail from Florida this morning,50 degrees F and they're freezing their bunns off! Got to see the Canadian hockey team here at the winter Olympics in 2002. I think they put in all the rookies cause they didn't want to risk their best players getting a heat stroke in the 1/4 final aginst Sweden. Think they still got the gold. Correct me if I'm wrong. Glenn--- I'm sending a P.M. about the red cat.

Hell freezes over.

The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup[/size][/font]

Minnesota Vikings win Super Bowl :)

Hell freezes over.

Minnesota Vikings win Super Bowl

Cubs win World Series.

:lol:

500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)

Hell freezes over.

Minnesota Vikings win Super Bowl

Cubs win World Series.

Detroit Lions win a game!

Seeing how we've got a few North Carolina guys in here, I heard something funny on a local radio station last week. One listener called in to say that she had just talked to her sister in NC and they were telling people their to get their pets indoors, check on the elderly and people were stocking up on food at the temperature was going to drop down to 35!!!!!!!! That would be a heat wave here right now.

I found my old electric car battery blanket. Wrapped it around the case of beer and plugged it in before I went to work. ~ Beers are in better shape now. :ph34r:

All I know is I saw frost on my windshied this morning and my neighbors car was running warming up in the driveway. So much for moving to a warm climate. :eek: :angry: :p Keep the cold air up in Canada where they like it. If I see a Zamboni today I'm moving south to Key West.

Anybody catch a weather report from Hell, MI? There's been a few things happening lately that could be attributed to it....

All I know is I saw frost on my windshied this morning and my neighbors car was running warming up in the driveway. So much for moving to a warm climate. :eek: :angry: :p Keep the cold air up in Canada where they like it. If I see a Zamboni today I'm moving south to Key West.
Mic, You know deep down inside you really miss these Minnesota Winters.

Larry,

The only frost I want to see is if I leave the freezer door open. When you get too old to put on the pads and skate it's time to leave Minnesota. You can always ride snowmobiles. Course for $10 you can get all the thrills of snowmachines. Just buy a bottle of booze and crawl up to the peak of your roof and drink it in a snowstorm. Eventually you'll freeze your ass off, get drunk, fall off and get hurt. Just like snowmobile's without all the upkeep.

Mic

Course for $10 you can get all the thrills of snowmachines. Just buy a bottle of booze and crawl up to the peak of your roof and drink it in a snowstorm. Eventually you'll freeze your ass off, get drunk, fall off and get hurt. Just like snowmobile's without all the upkeep.
LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larry,The only frost I want to see is if I leave the freezer door open. When you get too old to put on the pads and skate it's time to leave Minnesota. You can always ride snowmobiles. Course for $10 you can get all the thrills of snowmachines. Just buy a bottle of booze and crawl up to the peak of your roof and drink it in a snowstorm. Eventually you'll freeze your ass off, get drunk, fall off and get hurt. Just like snowmobile's without all the upkeep.

Mic
Or the wasted garage space all summer! Even though this is the first real winter we have had in about 10 years it is still a lot milder in Minneapolis than the 14 Winters I endured in Bemidji. I can't handle the Summer heat down south...

Larry

I just found this post.... hilarious!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: We've been having one of those winters up here this year!

Hate to poop on your little party guys but 18 of your states are either partially or completely north of where I live in southern ontario. :p Just a little geography lesson for my american friends. ;) bit of trivia for ya... 75% of all canadians live within 100 miles of the canadian/us border. So, not all of us are eskimos. LOL

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to poop on your little party guys but 18 of your states are either partially or completely north of where I live in southern ontario. :p Just a little geography lesson for my american friends. ;) bit of trivia for ya... 75% of all canadians live within 100 miles of the canadian/us border. So, not all of us are eskimos. LOL
Ron
No, the rest of you are elves! :lol: :D

Even those in Florida are getting a little taste of what we're getting up here. Global warming, HAH!

Back