OT, friend crashed and killed somebody

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkhedeos

my friends got in a car accident yesterday, i was wondering what the worst sentence he could get. him and his brother have major injuries, one of my friends is already out, and my cousin is still in there. i dont even know what i should do or think anymore, my body just went numb and it started to tremble when i was at the hospital with them yesterday http://www.ktvu.com/news/9660575/detail.ht...s=fran&psp=news

Major bummer, you should be happy he is still alive and learn from his mistakes. I'm not a lawyer so I'm not going to speculate but the courts will take in all ralated facts. I think for first time incidences they are pretty fair, what fair is, where there is lost of life, is hard to say. Though lesson for him for sure, doesn't change that he is your friend though and I'm sure he wil be glad to know your there for support!

MANSLAUGHTER, INVOLUNTARY - In order for a person to be found guilty of involuntary manslaughter the government must prove that someone was killed as a result of an act by the person;

Second, in the circumstances existing at the time, the person's act either was by its nature dangerous to human life or was done with reckless disregard for human life; and

Third, the person either knew that such conduct was a threat to the lives of others or knew of circumstances that would reasonably cause the person to foresee that such conduct might be a threat to the lives of others.

All three apply when driving a vehicle with a drivers license.

This could carry some considerable jail time > 5 years depending on the circumstance.

If there were circumstances like the car had some kind of failure and lost control he might be clear. Otherwise his lawyer is looking at an uphill battle.

Of course a lawyer is the first person you should ask. a couple hundred bucks for a consultation could make a big difference in the outcome of the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
The person who was driving way to fast in the merc has taken

someones life and seriously injured a child.

in my IMHO this driver dererves to go to jail.

I know how you feel, a couple of weeks ago a good friend of mine got killed in a boating accident. Him and his wife and 2 other people in the boat playing at nite and hit a pontoon boat with no lites on, And she got killed. Charges are still pending. Really sucks.

I know how you feel, a couple of weeks ago a good friend of mine got killed in a boating accident. Him and his wife and 2 other people in the boat playing at nite and hit a pontoon boat with no lites on, And she got killed. Charges are still pending. Really sucks.
Things like that really make you question why....

Was she killed by an impact or did she drown? I would think they would be ging pretty slow in the dark....

This happened to a friend of mine back in HS. He got out of jail time but the guilt is with him till this day, which has really changed what kind of person he has become. he was only 17 at the time and he killed a mother of two. Very Sad. :(

Larry Jr.

A friend lost his wife and daughter in a situation like this (in his case they were hit by a drunk). Your friend has taken one life and ruined others. After seeing what happens to the family of the victims, I'd say what ever punishment he gets is inadequate.

For ten years now I've been getting phone calls nights when he gets depressed thinking about what could have been. He's never been the same, I don't expect he ever will be.

MANSLAUGHTER, INVOLUNTARY - In order for a person to be found guilty of involuntary manslaughter the government must prove that someone was killed as a result of an act by the person;

Second, in the circumstances existing at the time, the person's act either was by its nature dangerous to human life or was done with reckless disregard for human life; and

Third, the person either knew that such conduct was a threat to the lives of others or knew of circumstances that would reasonably cause the person to foresee that such conduct might be a threat to the lives of others.

All three apply when driving a vehicle with a drivers license.

This could carry some considerable jail time > 5 years depending on the circumstance.

If there were circumstances like the car had some kind of failure and lost control he might be clear. Otherwise his lawyer is looking at an uphill battle.

Of course a lawyer is the first person you should ask. a couple hundred bucks for a consultation could make a big difference in the outcome of the case.
the car was working fine and he was going like 30 over the limit i think. guess all those years of being an honor student went to waste since none of that matters now :(

This happened to a friend of mine back in HS. He got out of jail time but the guilt is with him till this day, which has really changed what kind of person he has become. he was only 17 at the time and he killed a mother of two. Very Sad. :(

Larry Jr.
how long did he go to jail for? geez, im not even sure if he will be able to survive in there for a week......

im about to go visit him and im hoping little alex is out of the icu. i really hope he will be able to be normal again

They ran up the right backside of the pontoon and she hit her head on the railing got it that way.Their boat was going at pretty good speed when it happened.

Back