OS MAX 46VR-M engines.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NITROSNIFER

:( I purchased some OS engines thinking to put them into a couple of boats. Mainly a Mono. Smaller .21 hull with a .46 motor. and possibly in a SP40. Now OS has this new 46 VX-M which is a front intake front exhaust motor. I can't seem to find any info on the front intake rear exhaust. I was wondering if anyone knows if the liners are interchangable. The new VX-M is a ABC set up compared to the old style steel looking ones in the VR-M. At 2.5hp these are not a screamer but they are a consistant engine and after I work them over they'll be more than competetive. So I guess I have gone off topic.

I need info on both these engines and interchangability of parts. this engine is still a .46 A old parts sheet would be great to compare new and old part numbers. Or someone who has some of these engines for sale I would be interested. ;)

Thanks Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin,

I have 2 of these engines. One with carb and one without. Engine uses the OS 4E carb. Both are in running condition and I have a number of spare parts. I no longer need them. Original box and documentation are included with them. Send me a PM if you are interested in them.

John

NITROSNIFER said:
:(   I purchased some OS engines thinking to put them into a couple of boats. Mainly a Mono. Smaller .21 hull with a .46 motor. and possibly in a SP40.  Now OS has this new 46 VX-M which is a front intake front exhaust motor. I can't seem to find any info on the front intake rear exhaust. I was wondering if anyone knows if the liners are interchangable. The new VX-M is a ABC set up compared to the old style steel looking ones in the VR-M.  At 2.5hp these are not a screamer but they are a consistant engine and after I work them over they'll be more than competetive.  So I guess I have gone off topic.  I need info on both these engines and interchangability of parts. this engine is still a .46  A old parts sheet would be great to compare new and old part numbers. Or someone who has some of these engines for sale I would  be interested.  ;)

Thanks Kevin

74952[/snapback]

A few months ago I looked into the same engine, as I have used the 46VRM over the last 12 years with a lot of success in a mono. Wanted to upgrade to the VXM but having the exhaust face the wrong way is a hassle. Ideal for a gear assembly but not for my straight flex drive set-up.

I wrote and spoke to a number of suppliers, and OS themselves - the answer was all the same that no parts are inter changeable.

You can't get parts for the VRM anymore, but the ducted fan equivalent is identical in most regards and parts are available - only difference is not water cooled and much more conservative timing.

So I purchased the ducted fan piston and liner recently and got it match ported to the VRM plus a bit extra on timing.

Now back with 2 x 46VRM's runners, very happy indeed. One standard and one worked over giving good boat speed on 40% nitro, MAC pipe in a Skuai. Great motors and often underated.

Brad.........I'd kiss you if I knew you would like it :blink: thats was the info I was looking for. Thanks for all your input. I was going to use these in loaner boats and possibly my BBY sport 40 until i get the set up. Then go to a Picco EXR.

Latest posts

Back