OPS Collectors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this motor runs like my OPS .80 needle bearnings this B-20 wasa a screamer I would have liked to see this outrigger run back in the Day .

Not trying to hijack your thread Z -
default_wink.png
and not that its something I want to purchase- But I was wondering if any of you guys had ever seen one run or heard of how they performed ?? Would have to guess if they where the cats meow , we would still see the design ??? or was it a cost thing ?

VERY COOL piece either way
default_cool.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well,

The owner wants me to put it on Ebay for him.. As soon as it goes up I will let you all know in the FS section.

Thanks for all your input guys... and the nice offers. This was a mere fact finding post and most of what was mentioned was known (i have those same magazines) but just was trying to gain info on a price for him.

Regards

Grim

I'm trying to find an italian article in the bibliografy I have collected over the last thirty five years where they mentioned a round nose boat equipped with this engine hit 180km/h...hope to have more time to post it! In the 70's we used to run our OPS's with those Perry's carburetors to solve the problem of the needles breaking under vibration on the ops carbs.

Gill

Yes, Gill is nearly right.

In the seventies Georgio Merlotti had a Kobra roundnose (later sold by mantua models) and set a world record i think 154 km/h.

The boat was powered by an ops B20. The 20 means 20 ccm, it was a 1.2 cubic engine.

Back