OPS Bimetal .90

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Anders i will write him to see If i can get more info on this motor.

Noticed that Glenn Simpson placed 3rd in C-Mono at this year's NAMBA Nat's using an OPS .67 in an AeroMarine hull (at right in image)

2012NambaNat\'s_C-Mono.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the other two hulls ? Was the .67 a bimetal? Im not one of the guys that need convincing that an ops will still run if that was your point :lol: .They always ran and still do in the hands of a "competent" engine guy. I still havent follwed Anders leads on info for this motor yet. Sorry :( . I will eventually!

Last edited:
I can start a new thread buts it a marine version OPS. One step above a 90. Around $600 without a tuned pipe. I"m curious, Is it a 1.2 or 1.02? Maybe someone knows thats a OPS Fan.

Some explanation about the bi metal sleeve I figured it related to all the piston sleeve materials debate going on. Of coures no one payed it any mind :rolleyes: .

"Brand New Design OPS 89005 bi metal 90 marine engine in a 80 size crankcase so quite small and compact (886gr) comes with water-cooled manifold and tuned pipe. The engine is drum valve and new carburetor with top and bottom adjustments along with remote main needle valve the engine has a unique liner made from aluminium then a small coating of brass and then chromed the engine has greater rpm and starting due to the good expansion and contraction of the new liner. OPS Marine 90 w/Exhaust In-Board Nitro Engine. Complete with exhaust and carburetor. Remote needle valve included that can be adjusted by 3rd channel to richen or lean the engine for peak performance. Displacement/Displacement 14.87cc, Maximum power/Max. power HP 6.15, R.P.M (max. power) 25,000 R.P.M. Weight/Weight 100 g, Coupling Sleeve-racking-Transfer ports decanting OPS/ports ABC scheme, Rod/Connecting rod double bushing, Bearing rear/Rear Ball Bearing Steel/Steel, Bearing Front/Front Ball Bearing Steel/Steel"

Sounds pretty good.

Well ops makes a regular .90 so this post is specific to the bi metal configuration. Looking at the 120 It may be a bi metal too it does have the two tone exterior but no mention of the internals. My last post hopefully will start the discussion if anyone knows anything about the bi metal config. Not many do, the reason for this thread, to find out what the bi metal has to offer over the conventional design and if it has made a better .90 for ops. It certainly has a better hp/weight ratio. But questions would be along the lines of what Andy asked about the connecting rod pin etc... I started the 120 thread so people can talk about the RCB 120 there which may not be a bi metal design at all. That will keep it clear.

Last edited:
What are the other two hulls ? Was the .67 a bimetal? Im not one of the guys that need convincing that an ops will still run if that was your point :lol: .They always ran and still do in the hands of a "competent" engine guy. I still havent follwed Anders leads on info for this motor yet. Sorry :( . I will eventually!
no, the OPS .67 is the latest drum-valve configuration (with bronze-bushed rod, etc.,...)

1rst: Rum Racing

Radio: Futaba

Boat: CalCraft

Engine: CMB Prop: X457-3

Fuel: Byron 55

2nd: Chris Wittrig

Boat: Seaducer

Engine: Johnson CMB Prop: Octura

Fuel: Johnson

3rd: Glenn Simpson

Boat: Aeromarine

Engine: OPS 67 Prop: Octura 455-2

Fuel: Sidewinder 55

Fast Time: CHRIS WITTRIG 01:32:00

OPS.67DV_Marine_01.jpg

The bi metal 90 claims more hp (6.25 vs. 6.05) and rpm stock that the standard big block but the big block cost more :huh: .

Last edited:
Hey guys, just found this out today, really by accident. There is a new North American distributor/dealer for OPS engines and parts. The specifics of the company are as follows:

Got Nitro Online.com

Seattle, Wa.

1-253-653-2846

I found it looking for parts for a OPS 90 engine I have. Googled OPS marine engine, and this came up. went to the website, then called the number and talked with (dang, now I can't remember his name, sorry) but the owner told me he has distributorship for about 6 months now. I for one am really glad to see OPS back in the states after such a long time gone. Give this guy a look and see what you think. He told me this afternoon he had a fairly large order coming in possibly next week. I needed some parts for the old model (square head) 90.

Hopefully everyone will post here with their experiences. Hope this works out for everyone...

Carl

web address is www.gotnitroonline.com

Latest posts

Back