• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

OPS .67 Engines for Sale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Walters

I bought 2 ops .67 engines use but never ran them... Was told they worked great! 1 has a non stock carb... other is stock.. need to part ways as i need the dollars... Asking $300 for both Shipped... Let me know.. i take paypal....

Jim

Hi, Are they drum rotors or disc rotors? Thanks,Joel
If i remember right i think they are both drum rotor... not exactly sure.. i have them in boxes at home.. can check the part numbers when i get there.. how can i tell the difference?

Stock carbed motor sold pending funds... Still have the motor witht the K&B Carb on it... Here are pics of it!

ATT00136.jpg

ATT00142.jpg

Stock carbed motor sold pending funds... Still have the motor witht the K&B Carb on it... Here are pics of it!

Picture appears to show disc rotor.

David Jensen
I see.. How can you tell the difference? I'm no expert at all!
Ran those motors for more than 20 years.. that's the short answer of how I can tell! Strong motor, but they must be well maintained, and not abused too often. Good tips for ANY motor IMO.

Anyway, If I remember correctly, OPS did not make an OEM drum assembly. Aeromarine made a quality after-market drum assembly and it sticks out more in front of the motor (the part that the carb bolts to). And, I think some adapted an O.S. drum assembly that would also stick out in front of the motor (the part that the carb bolts to)?? Don't remember exactly, and I never did that myself. I always had good luck running the Disc motor you have, with my own modifications for reliability. But now that I think about it, the rotor housing is called the back-end. So when I said sticks out more in front, I guess that could be confusing, because technically it sticks out more on the back-end, but that's the front of the boat. Bottom line, the disc casting (that the carb mounts into) will have the number of the beast on it.... #666 if it is a disc-motor.

Hope this helps.

David

Back