one for Jerry D & the group

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Mortlock

One for JerryD and you Guys

One very good looking Aussie built Hot Shot,if i say so myself. : :D

This is proberbly and old design but new to me,a good kit Jerry had no probs with building it.

Painted as per the Aussie built Ford GT see pic, but guys here we have two great designs and one great colour.

but enough of the bragging about the Aussie built boat i have a question the cables running up to the steering are hitting the tank ive got the std k&B steering and ss10 tank do i need a new steering arm or whats the go.

View attachment 3325

View attachment 3326

View attachment 3327

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet looking boat... As for the tank issue, might want to run a 8 oz main tank with a 2 oz hopper.. Might give you the clearance needed for the wires.

Certain others will join in with their knowledge..

Mark...

I used the two tank system, 2oz and a 8oz, besides being not as wide as a 10oz tank, you elininate the sloshing you get the feed tank if your just using one tank and will have less stalling when you fuel starts getting low

you said you were using the cable system or are you using music wire for the sterring controls? If so, just put 4 small 90 degree bends in the wire to space it out around the tank and then back in to fit the width of the control arm

The cable against the tank should not cause a problem. They move so little it would take a very long time for them to rub through. If it concerns you a quick fix would be to put a short piece of the cable housing on either side of the tank. I usually just run the cables from the servo to the motor with the housing glued into the back of the radio box. You could just put a rubber band around the tank to hold short pieces of housing.

Bent music wire can flex causing handling problems.

Alot of people use multiple tanks, but I prefer to use the simplest systems possible. Two tanks means twice the chance to have a line or tank split.

Your boat looks great if you are interested there are a couple of mods that really improve the handling of the Hotshot.

Mark

Gmorty,

Noticed you are from Sydney. I'll be racing at the Regatta Centre on Penrith on Sunday - I'd be glad to help you out with any setup issues - I've built and raced a few O/B's in my time.....

My outboard

Tim.

Back