Old tunnel designs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lake S.P.O.R.T.

Any of you guys have any pics of the first hot shot tunnels? The ones that look like an old Scotti craft with the square bow. Has anybody ever ran any of them? I think these boats came out about the same time K&B introduced the .21 outboard but not sure about that. Just curious about them, but not for racing purposes.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark is this what your talking about? i just bought this new unbuilt kit off e-bay last week. i thought it would look pretty cool sitting on the shelf.

View attachment 1415

Yep, thats is the one. Looks just like an early 70's Scotti craft, which it must have been patterned after. I have one of the old Mercury Marine "up up and away" boats stored away. Interestingly enough it was plastic and made by K&B in 1971 and I got it for Christmas that year! Yes that will look cool on the shelf, maybe you should build a scale motor for it too.

Thanks,

Mark

73_3.jpg

A 1973 Scotti Craft. See what I mean?

Lake

I won the 1999 MOD class (yes i said MOD Hehehe...) championships at our local club with one.. Whas the bottom stock...Heck no.. the boats bottom was updated to current tech. and past 45 she was a hand full.... :blink:

Somewhere in the I waters pages is a interview that tom did on me that has pictures of both my frist boat and the boat im talking about.

Both of them Hot Shots...

Big Fun.. :D

Grim

Mike, hey I looked for that but did not find it. Pretty cool about modifying the old boat and winning. Hope you didn't lose any friends on that one!!..Lol.

Mark

Back