Oh ! My Head CMB91 RS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikekan

Oh ! My Head CMB91 RS

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

:eek: :(

WOWOWOWOWOW!!!! Boom! Thats one of those motors you stick up to the wall for everyone to see. Amazing. Is that a clutch? Did it go Kaboom at wide open throttle?

Larry Jr.

I'd think likewise , the piston sees rather new .

Then again , this engine comes out of the hands of Bobo isn't it mike ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :lol: :lol:

B

talk about loosing your head :blink: :blink: :blink: how did you do that?

Full throttle into the water , water doesn't compresses nor burns like we want to so its a MAJOR stop , i assume this time with this result .

It might be but i'm stepping on glass now that this casting might have had porosion inside or too thin yet the 91 RS has been a few years on the market and this is the first time i know this happened .

Knowing Bobo , full throttle into the water , thats where i'm putting my money on it lol

B

Btw , its not a clutch but an FSR V coupling

:blink: Did you change six stainless steel bolts on water jacket head? Cause very sensitive viberation on cast block cracked :angry: I had bad expenerince so never put them again and must use soft black bolts ( water jacket head and engine mounts )more safety and good long term!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowing Bobo , full throttle into the water , thats where i'm putting my money on it lol
I was thinking the same thing, water does not compress, just ask any of the gas guys, they see this rather often. The bigger the motor the bigger the gulp of water. :eek:
WOWZERS f/s six head bolts the rest is history. I wonder if that is where the casting line is? Mike

What is your drive line set up like.. I know a guy that went through 2 or 3 cmb 67/80 cases like that and a couple mac cases just like that in a mono due to vibration..

chris

Look at how thin the wall is around the exhaust port on the right side is brown might have been cracked awhile and then let go.The price you pay for the large transfer area.Really no need to be that thin how much would a little extra meat weigh or cost.CMB better way to your wallet.My nitro nitro days are closing in there just to overpriced compare to a zenoah.The lastest CMB are having lots of issues and are costing more and more to keep running.I seen two that were like new and the fit was gone.Better check the compression on that style of engine.Bowl looks way to small for high nitro!

Latest posts

Back