O/T I hate a thief

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Staring my new business first of next week and the wife is out of town, neighbors boats got a full tank AND in the water = time to go fish..... Rig the rod's , go catch bait and I'm ready,

sorta-

Walk out on the front porch for my normal load the boat deal at dawn, all the rod's are gone (NEVER- in 42yrs of on and off living at this house does ANYTHING get stolen). Needless to say I'm pissed and write my tackle off as LONG GONE.

Get to talking with the neighbor that afternoon and come to find out his Land Rover was also broken into and they steal his front speakers. He files a report and the police show up, so I figure I will file a report to(in case they show at a pawn shop-3 combo's worth about 400.00 total)

Low and behold as the officer is taking my report, he gets a call about a stolen auto recovery with the perp. and he has the neighbors speakers. My tackle was not along for the ride , BUT, he had a pocket full of pawn tickets on him-including the receipt for my stuff. Just waiting on the return of it now- I hope.....

POINT BEING-

In these tough times- no matter how safe you THINK your neighborhood is- TAKE NOTHING for granted, it could have been a lot more than just a few fishing rod's .

Btw , he's up for Grand theft alone on my stuff- Pay's to have good equiptment :p

Keep an eye on your stuff, there are going to be PLENTY of more desperate people out there.....

Just my .02

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep it's a sign of the times... a good friend of mine was mugged 2 weeks ago.... knocked him off his bike and broke his hip..... he is in real bad shape just for like $10 in his wallet.

I had a real cool nascar magnet on the hood of my car..... been on it for years.... got stolen a few weeks ago.

watch your back!

Yep it's a sign of the times... a good friend of mine was mugged 2 weeks ago.... knocked him off his bike and broke his hip..... he is in real bad shape just for like $10 in his wallet.
I had a real cool nascar magnet on the hood of my car..... been on it for years.... got stolen a few weeks ago.

watch your back!

I live out in the middle of nowhere.....time to start carrying again.....and Im afraid the next 4 years will be worse

Sorry to hear... i live out in the middle of nowhere too, but after growing up in "not so great" areas of south florida, i still wired my entire area around driveway, around house, inside the house and up at my shop with video surveillance here that is being recorded 24/7.

I learned to have it back in FL when someone tried to steal my mustang out of my driveway 3 times in less then 6 months.

well look on the bright side, they did not take your space shuttle scale.. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, if you don't already own guns, it's time to buy some and practice up on self defense. Get a conceal carry permit if you can. I carry a Glock 40 cal. to work every day, and have a .357 snub nose in my garage for those nights when I'm out late working on the car. A German Shepard is good for early warning too.

that sux, & is really good, all at once. with what you've dealt with this year, fishing helps the budget & is one of the best escapes from the daily bs i know of. well, hunting, too. with my wife's horses, i HAVE to keep a rifle close, due to bears :eek: , so that's covered. if it will handle a bear, a thief shouldn't be out of the question. also have 3 dogs - 2 pomerainians that sleep in the hobby building closest to the house. they might not do much, but will bark at anything, & it's close enough i can hear them. lainey, our "devil dog" is a neopolitan mastiff/american bulldog cross. at 155 lbs, she does a fine job of protecting my tools & dodge charger in the garage out back. rural life is the only way for me, you just have to be prepared for what mother nature & the "lower class" has in store for you :ph34r: . 2 things in life i ABSOLUTELY can't stand are a liar or a thief :angry: ! just as soon rip off their head & crap in the hole, as deal with either.

watch your back!
i bet it was gooy...lol wanting to trade for boat parts tom .. we need to check him out..lol

terry

just recently had my gps stolen out of my car in my driveway, didnt help that my wife left the car unlocked. a big german shepard and some semi autos are not a bad idea

Latest posts

Back