• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

O.S .21 SE-MX

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Japan the retail price was in US dollars, about 190. There are lesser quality makers available in Tower hobbies in the 120-150 range from what I've heard.

The engine is no pussy cat. If you have ever run or seen the O.S. outboard engine, and seen how it screams; this is the same engine without the lower unit, and plus a recoil.

I know the outboard version is over 200 bucks in the states.

This engine is definately worth a lot more than I'm asking If you want one are a bunch of them, send me some money!

Hammer

Laxative(sorry couldn'y help it ;) ) here are the stats for the engine from the Tower Hobbies 2000 catalog:

The .21 SE-M is ideal for small ships.

Description: .21 SE-M, Weight in oz: 10.7, Practical RPM Range: 2,500-31,000, BHP/RPM: 1.5/29,500, Retail Price: 259.99, Tower Price: 169.99

Here is the Tower link for the mac header for this engine:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...m?&I=LXZ609&P=7

Thank you for giving that information. The one I'm selling is the SE-MX. It's a little bit newer version than the SE-M. The SE-M wasn't recoil as far as I know.

So there you have it. No problems with getting the header in the states.

Hammer

Hammer,

I run an o.s. outboard, do the parts on the engine interchange? i could use a spare powerhead. thanks ~ James

James

I'm not sure if you take the front plate off, that it will match up to the lower unit. I will check to aviod misinformation, and get back to you tomorrow or the next day.

Hammer

after looking @ tim's gear-driven mono, i'm kinda interested in trying that myself......do you think i could forget about upgrading to a NR after i've tooled around with this thing [meaning one of your OS .21s] , and spend that $$ instead on some upgrades along with a gear drive? i guess what im asking is could this engine be competetive with a gear drive?

joe

david, thanks for the stats

I have had exposure to the gear down stuff here, because the places we race, the water is rough. The main purpose for the gear down set up is so that you can run a smaller engine in a larger boat that wont get tossed around so much. For example running a .21 in a .45 hull.

If you are going to run a .21, and your racing conditions are good, you should just stick to the straight drive in a normal size boat.

You are a beginner, so I would recommend that you see what it is all about, before you go spending the big bucks, I don't know about the states, but in Japan, a gear down unit can cost as much as an engine.

Hammer

Good Morning Hammerhead,

I would like to pick up one of these engines from you. Do you take paypal??? If not what method of pay and where do I send it.

Thanks

Curt

Hello Curt! It is easy! Just go to the post office. Tell them you want to send 100 dollars worth of yen to Japan. They will charge you 3 dollars for the service charge. All that info is on the first page. There is even URL about the payment method. Please mail me, and I will reply to your mail with my address.

Hammer

Let you guys know in a few days. Looks like I can take credit cards if I sell them through Shimizu's shop. The International money orders are really convenient, but it seems that most don't have experience with them, and it seems to be a turn off. At least that's what most of the mails I'm getting concerning the O.S SE-MX say.

Hammer

Hello

Do you have more of these engines left?GREAT OFFER! ;D

Do you get option-parts for these engines??

I will contact you in a few days if i find out that i want to buy one of you! If you have any of them left of course :)

Thanks,

Tomzeren! :D

If you cant get Spareparts and original hardware for this engine, is it possible to get spareparts from another .21 engine to fit??

I just think that it is a little sad if the engine stops working and you cant do anything to fix it...Im not an expert though, so maybe this is a stupid question... ???

Thanks,

Tomzeren :D

If you can get O.S stuff where your from, check it out! I think that the side mounted pipe is pretty unique, but come on guys. 100 bucks. If you break it in right and don't do any crazy mods to it, it will run fine for a long time. If it does explode on ya, just send me 100 bucks more for another one.

Hammer

hammer,

i've gotten 8 or so emails from guys on radiocontrolzone asking about them, i gave some info and told them to PM you.....jeez, all i did was post something about your engines everywhere that someone was asking about either hopping up to .21 or making a new .21!! :)

still hoping to get a .21 hull for xmas or something, i dont want to buy the engine 'till i've got a hull for it. how much is the shipping from japan?

joe

It is about 2000 yen. 18 bucks. Don't need to worry about it. It is included in the 100 dollars. Thanks for the advertisement. Still haven't sold any to the RCzones fellows yet. Got a few emails. No for sures yet. I will hook you up if I get a few orders.

Hammer

Back