Nue 1527 1D

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneakysneakyracing

i have a neu 1527 1d and acording to the neu website its recomended for use with a hydro scale or rigger with a hydro 240 ESC

i would like to use this with a mono 33in surface drive on 14.8v 2P

would this be sutable for mono aplication i know that you can put any motor in a hull but would i damage the esc or motor in this aplication.

the recomended prop for a hydro is a x450 if i put this motor in a mono with a x440 prop would it run to hot?

any help would be great

Unless you want this for SAW racing, thats a lot of motor for a P mono. Either sell it or trade for a 1521 1.5D, 1521 0.5Y or a 1515 1Y which are the popular choices for racing. The 1D is an amp hog especially in a 1527 in a mono. Yes, it can probably spin a X450/3, but it will take 350 Amps.

Others may say its OK, but the life of your hydra will be short!

my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried a 27 1D and a 27 .5Y in a Delta Force Mono. If you run the 27 1D and you put the 440 prop on it, the boat is just going to cavitate. The smallest prop that you can really use is the 447 3-blade. The problem with the Delta Force is that it likes to be set up loose. Of course, all this testing was done not knowing the 240 controller was stuck in hi timing mode. By the way, the 27 .5Y will blow away a 27 1D.

I went back to my 21 1.5D because this way I can finish heats.

In the next week, I will be building a Cal Craft Mono to see how it will compare to the Delta Force.

If I had a P Rigger, the 27 .5Y would be the way to go.

I ran a 1527/1D in my 33" P Sport Hydro and with an m445 it ran fine and was very fast - as long as the water was chopped up in a race heat. On smooth water by itself, if the boat was stuck down at all the temps were pushing 140+F after less than a mile. I will try it again for 2-lap oval time trials and an x450/3. Like Greg says, the 1521/1.5D is a better oval motor.

The same 1527/1D motor on 6S pushed my Q Offshore deep into the 80s, but the 40-160 wasn't up for any backup passes. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the quick info guys

but as long as no one has told me not to put this motor in a mono.

in true taceing spirit i will give it a go with some old lipos and a $20 hongkong special 200A ESC

i will report back with some melt down pics

Back