Novice Villian

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Cohea

Hey Guys,

I have built a Villian for my son and have a choice for motors TT 3.5

and a spare back-up motor K&B wc with a Lawless Lower unit.

The TT is heavy unit and the Lawless sticks it back a bit.

Woudl any handling problem come from a real heavy motor hanging on the back or the prop being too far back...

Remember it's a Novice boat so I need it to drive easy and handle...

What cha think?????

Thanks for the help

Chris

actually i think the closer the prop is to the rear of the boat, the better it handles (to a cetain extent)...every boat has a 'sweet' spot.

in SAW i beleive they put the prop waty back to help with flight but this gives more leverage in the turns, which i dont think is good...

thinking about it, i am pretty sure the OS Mas lower and the Lawless are about the same length (from transom to drive dog) depending on what mount you use on the Lawless...point is that people run OS's on their Villains with success...

hope this helps

Kris

Hi

Your other option would be to put the K&B WC on a K&B leg. This is really the motor that Grim has used and it was designed around the K&B SS.

If you want a new standard leg and want to do a trade and $ for the lawless legg let me know if we can work something out.

Gary (GT)

ps. forgot to say lighter is better with Villians.

Its the thought that counts.......... :D

Hey Squeak, Welcome Dude!!! ;)

A stock Villain...........Hmmmmm dont think I ever ran a stock Villain....... :wacko:

Gene B)

it was meant to be..... if this were a real emergency..... you would be told to tune to channel 12 for more information.... kinda joke

EBS........In conjunction with State and Local authorities, and your Local TV station...... This is only a test............BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP..............This concludes the test of the Emergency Broadcast System........... :ph34r:

"If this had been an actual post, the message you just read would have contained information pertaining to radio controlled boating. We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum, already in progress." :D

Hey Chris

Novices tend to over steer the boats. With the lawless this will hork the boat around quite bit in the corners. Hook up with Jerry, it will be better off for the kids driving. Save the lawless for a future mod tunnel. I am pretty sure Shawn even has a few of those laying around too.

Later

Mike

PS You better show up more offen this year since the house thing is resolved. No more excuses. :lol:

Mikey,Jerry,

Thanks guys.

I do plan to come out and play more than last year....That's where the boy's boat comes in..... :D ...If he wants to race then I get to race... :lol: :lol:

Family has been keeping me busy.... dirt biking and other family things....oh and the house had and has many a things to fix or do....

I'm not really rich so I had to buy a fixer upper....Anywho.......

Almost done with the Sport 20 hull and a Gas Cat...So I'll be out soon and hope to see you guys soon....been out of it so long I'm have withdrawls...

Might sell off a few boats so I can just get a SS that way I can run stock class when he's not looking. :D

Happy New Year....be safe

Chris

PS Gary thanks the offer

Chris Cohea said:
Hey Guys,
I have built a Villian for my son and have a choice for motors TT 3.5 

and a spare back-up motor K&B wc with a Lawless Lower unit.

The TT is heavy unit and the Lawless sticks it back a bit.

Woudl any handling problem come from a real heavy motor hanging on the back or the prop being too far back...

Remember it's a Novice boat so I need it to drive easy and handle...

What cha think?????

Thanks for the help

Chris
Chris

Here is what we know.

My Buddy Squeak ran a TT on a villain for the first year he owned the boat. It ran quite well and he was able to take 2nd at the 21 shootout in 2002. (not to bad for a TT)

His TT was running thought stock carb and EX holes but the inside was adjusted a tad, head shims and the like (this by the way was also his mod boat)

Now its not the fastest motor thats for sure but the darn things run like a watch.

He has switched to a K+BWC because he had one laying around and we know the ins and outs of that motor.

If you go with the TT you will have a great handling boat that runs super. It will not be all that fast and you will have to add lead to the boat to help with the balance but all in all you will be quite surprised by the performance.

If we are talking a new driver then the TT on a Villain is a great combo.

Have fun.

Grimracer :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back