• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

NovaRossi L/S with O/B conversion

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baxter Walton

I have a motor that I bought with a boat, I already have a motor and do not need this one, It was one of my team mates motors, this Nova and 14mm conversion was bought from Bill Mcgraw back in the day. I will take some picks of it, The motor seems like it will run good as far as tightness, but I would put a new P/L in it, Thats just me. The bearings are good, I would do a new combustion chamber, again just me. I will clean it up and take a look at it before I set a price.

Baxter. I'll take it. Call me and we will work out something
I will PM you for your # here are some pics and my thought after looking into the motor.

The P/L I would buy a new one seems like some one tried to do their own mods and were not very good at it, not our work. The combustion chamber, is ok , but I would go with a mod one one instead of stock. Those are the only two things I would replace. The case, and bearings are good, the O/B conversion is good to go with some minor mods. I was told that this was the square head long stoke and the head was changed to the round one, looks like a 5 port with 2 exhaust boost ports, but then can be a 7 port with no exhaust boost ports, and that would be my guest. The start cone was anodized purple but some has rub off due to starting. This is my best description.

DSC00012.JPG

DSC00015.JPG

DSC00016.JPG

DSC00017.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember that boost chamber that it had on the back plate lol I guess it was suppose to hold pressure when at low idle, I never used it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baxter,

You and I were discussing 35 w/14mm crank. Is this it? If not, can I use this kit on a 35? That's what I need. I was hoping you had two....... ;)

This is a 14 MM conversion, And Glen has the 35 plus in 14 mm. I use the 14.5 mm conversion. I don't have a 14 mm 35 plus to say for sure. Some one else would have to chime in. But this motor has a 14 mm conversion that came from precision boats I'm sure that's where Bill got it from.

Or the other way around, this 14mm conversion will work on the 35plus motors or the Newer L/S 14mm motors. Replace the P/L and run this motor. Not a bad motor if you don't want to spend the $600 for a N/R and conversion. So I will let it go for $200 obo

Or the other way around, this 14mm conversion will work on the 35plus motors or the Newer L/S 14mm motors. Replace the P/L and run this motor. Not a bad motor if you don't want to spend the $600 for a N/R and conversion. So I will let it go for $200 obo

Baxter,

I will give you $200 for the motor. Thanks.

Back