Nova Rossi 21 Muffled Pipe in JD's Sport 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Dunlap

Supporting Member
This past weekend I had an opportunity to race my Sport 20 with the Nova Rossi Muffled Pipe. The pipe both noticeably deceased the engine noise and provided a couple of mph more speed. I "Jerry Rigged" the pipe with copper wire to hold it securely in the hull. The boat took first in 20 Sport Hydro with 3 heat wins and a 2nd place finish.

This is the same pipe Brian Buaas used to set a new NAMBA 6-lap, one mile competition record in 20 Hydro of 1:07+ back on Memorial Day weekend.

JD

Thats interesting what length is working on your boat? Always looking for an edge, and quiet too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried this pipe on a CMB Valvola 21 motor?

Glenn..............what is the price on them?

Yes Steve, we tried it on the Valvola. You will not be disappointed with this pipe, it is very impressive how quiet it is yet it makes lots of power.

Jd, since not all headers & engines are the same, what is the length from plug to weld - measured through the centerline?

I have never had much issues running a Nova/S pipe at 9". Not sure what the short, short, short kick has been. I must be missing something. I'm sure JD knows his crap. Run it long duck dong brother!

I can typically get more rpm when I run short. Maybe I need prop ans try running them longer

Pipe dosent fit well in a PT SS21 with a header off to the side. I opted not to try it rather than burning up some fiberglass epoxy. I suppose one could put some thin silicone on the inside floor of the hull and side of the canopy. Just not with if for me as its running well with the Nova/S pipe combo. Looks like this pipe is for the new rigg!

I have one of these .21 NR Quiet pipes coming from Glenn. What is the outside diameter of the muffled section. Will most likely buy a clamp to attach the pipe at the muffled section instead of the stinger. Or does it come with a clamp?

Thanks!

Back