Not so bad for the first run

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...I couldn't see the pics...directed to some forum site that wanted a username and password, but the video worked, and I have to say...pretty awsome! Curious though, did the driver shut it off at the end, or did it die?

Ok, so when will turbines be legal in scale unlimiteds? Yeah, like we need to spend even more money to compete!

Still...pretty **** cool!

Les

yeah, what happened at the end? lots of smoke there...
Looks like it may have ingested some water spray.....not a good thing for a turbine!
Yes it got some water, but nothing happend, only the turbine shuts down. Restart again and all it's ok. No problem.

This happens, when the boat is cornering too slow ( remember, that was the 2nd test run! ), it's producing too much spray at the inside of the sponsons, whitch will directly enter the air intake. Chris ( the constructor of this boat ) has to do some changes to the hull and next time he will also use the long saltwater air intake, which he has just finished as shown:

Air_intake_for_saltwater_small.jpg

Man I want one! That is so cool! How much fuel will it carry and how many laps can you get out of that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I definately want one also. Looks like it runs pretty good already. Hope to see some more videos of it running. Man talk about a "true" scale! I'd like to see the rules made up for that! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
The turbine (and exhaust) look to be a perfect match for the Lite All Star!

Rick

Man I want one! That is so cool! How much fuel will it carry and how many laps can you get out of that?
The boat carries about 0,4 Gallons of fuel ( Kerosin ) and it's enough for a run at about 8 to 10 minutes.
Hey,

Great run on the turbine. Would like to pick your brain about the tranny and throttle control. Building a 1/6 scale 1988 Winston Eagle with a turbine.

Saw pics on the Wren website about a month ago. Once again, congrats on the great run. Looking forward to being on the water with my boat in about a year.

Back